MG ZS EV
The new MG ZS EV, a SUV from MG, was launched in India in Mar 2022. ZS EV has received 70% rating score from our users. ZS EV is preferred for its styling and comfort.
MG ZS EV price starts from ₹ 23.38 Lakh in India. ZS EV is available in 4 colours - Glaze Red, Aurora Silver, Starry Black, and Candy White. ZS EV seating capacity is 5 People. ZS EV has received 5 Star (Euro NCAP) star NCAP Rating safety rating.
ZS EV is available in 3 versions and 1 fuel options - Electric.
ZS EV competes with Hyundai Kona Electric, BYD Atto 3 and Tata Nexon EV Max in India.
MG ZS EV Model List
|ZS EV Model||Price||Key Specs|
|Excite||₹ 23.38 Lakh||Electric|
|Exclusive||₹ 27.30 Lakh||Electric|
|Exclusive Iconic Ivory||₹ 27.40 Lakh||Electric|
ZS EV Price
ZS EV price starts from ₹ 23.38 Lakh and goes up to ₹ 27.40 Lakh. ZS EV EMI starts from ₹ 47,406. Select city to check MG ZS EV on-road price.
₹ 23.38 - 27.40 lakh
Avg. Ex-Showroom price
ZS EV Monthly EMI
₹47,406 for 5 Years
This price includes GST and any state/city entry tax. However, the ex-showroom price does not include RTO, Insurance, Fast tag, and other accessories cost
Road Tax or registration tax This varies from city to city.
The insurance cost on CarTrade covers 1-year comprehensive insurance cost with 95% IDV and 3-year third-party insurance cost.
IDV - it is the max amount you will receive if your vehicle is stolen or completely damaged.
Third-party insurance - If you met with an accident with another vehicle, third-party insurance covers cost against damages to the other vehicle or the owner/driver of the other vehicle. It is helpful in the event of an accident by your mistake.
Insurance is mandatory for every vehicle as per the Indian Govt laws.
The final price you will need to pay to purchase the car in your city. On-road price = ex-showroom price + RTO + Insurance + Fast tag and other accessory charges.
- Test Drives
- Offers & Exchange
- EMI Options
MG ZS EV Key Specifications
|₹ 23.38 - 27.40 Lakh|
Driving Range (km)
NCAP Rating (Best - 5 Star)
|5 Star (Euro NCAP) star NCAP Rating|
|5 Years (Unlimited KMs)|
|8 Years or 150000 km|
Charging time at home
|16 hours @ 230V|
|4323 mm L X 1809 mm W X 1649 mm H|
ZS EV Expert Rating
ZS EV Expert Review
Why would I buy it
Increased claimed range
Why would I avoid it
Pricey top-end version
Limited charging stations
Engine and Performance
The highlight of the 2022 ZS EV update, of course, is the bigger battery and subsequently more range that it promises. You now get a 50.3 kwh battery pack instead of 44.5 kwh in the old ZS EV. As for the claimed range on a single charge, the ZS EV offers a certified range of 461 kilometers but that’s under controlled testing facilities. In the real world, the new ZS EV should comfortably do over 320 kilometers before you need to plug it in again. Speaking of which, this car can be charged from zero to 80 per cent in sixty minutes but that’s only possible with a fast charger. Plug it to any regular AC home charging port and you will need to wait for at least eight to nine hours for a full charge.
A bigger battery pack also means more power output than before. Not like the ZS EV ever felt slow but now with 176 horsepower and 353Nm of torque, the ZS EV is in a class of its own. The way it just takes off and gains speed under legal limit is just phenomenal and that’s purely down to the instantaneous torque delivery from the electric motor. Although you may not feel the extra 33bhp all the time, this 2022 model just feels more effortless at highway speeds and the severe drop in acceleration that plagues mass market EVs is hardly felt in here.
Ride and Handling
The ride quality on the 2022 ZS remains good over broken surfaces. There’s a nice balance between stiffness and comfort and it can take in even the sharpest of road creases without letting in the noise and vibrations from the road. As the speed increases, it remains flat and even over undulations, there's not much vertical movement. There is a lot of tire noise at high speeds but then again we are only nitpicking here since there is no engine noise intruding into the cabin and the latter is otherwise a hushed place to be in at city speeds.
Basically, the ZS EV now looks a lot like the Astor but with a few details that you will only find in EVs. Stuff like this flat concealed grille since you don’t need any air flowing in there because there is no engine. Then you also get a charging port besides the huge MG logo and lastly MG seems to have cleaned up the lines and creases on this bumper to make the whole front look like a single piece unit. Other changes include headlights and taillights which have been taken from the Astor and if you look closely you will notice a new, energy efficient design for the 17-inch alloys.
Comfort, Convenience and Features
There are two variants for the ZS EV and the more expensive trim that you see here comes with all the new-age features that are expected from a 25 lakh rupee crossover. You get a panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera view, connected car features, leather layered dash electric driver’s seat and some more. In this updated MG seems to have concentered on improving the back seat experience because all-new features include a rear center headrest, armrest with cup holders and rear AC vents. What’s also new are the displays for the infotainment system and the instrument cluster.
The main 10.1-inch screen is the same that we have seen in the Astor and it gets all the bells and whistles including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The 7-inch LCD screen for the instrument cluster is also from the Astor and we are glad it’s here because the old analogue dials on the earlier model looked way too basic for an EV.
For safety, the ZS EV gets six airbags, hill descent control, a tire pressure monitoring system and ESC. Now although it misses out on certain high-end ADAS features, the ZS EV does get blind spot monitoring, lane change assist and rear cross traffic alert. The latter feature helps in detecting cars that might be approaching from the rear left or right but are outside the range of the reverse camera and parking sensors.
The new MG ZS EV is available in two variants – Excite and Exclusive with ex-showroom prices ranging between Rs 22 lakh and Rs 25.88 lakh respectively. While the bookings for exclusive variant have already started, MG will start taking orders for the base excite variant from July onwards. At these prices, the new ZS EV comes in at a slight premium over the old model. For an extra 70,000 rupees for this top-spec variant you are getting pretty much more of everything. More range, more performance, more features and more importantly, better safety equipment. Now I know a lot of you might be eager to know about the improvement in real world range if any but unfortunately we had the car only for a couple of hours and we will be calling for it real soon to do a proper range and charging test.
Pictures by Kaustubh Gandhi
MG ZS EV Variants
Find a list of all 3 electric versions of MG ZS EV. This table includes MG ZS EV on-road price which covers all costs like RTO and Insurance.
- 5 Seater
|ZS EV Versions||Ex-showroom Price||Compare|
Fuel Type: Electric
₹ 23.38 Lakh
Key Features : 6 Airbags, Cruise Control, Push Button Start, Alloy Wheels, Steering Mounted Controls
₹ 27.30 Lakh
Extra Features over Excite versions : Sunroof, Leather Seats, Wireless Charger, Touch-screen Display, 360 Camera Parking Assist
₹ 27.40 Lakh
Extra Features over Excite versions : Sunroof, Leather Seats, Wireless Charger, Touch-screen Display, 360 Camera Parking Assist
MG ZS EV Price in India
MG ZS EV Images
About MG ZS EV
The British automaker MG launched the all-electric MG ZS facelift in India in March 2022. It now comes with a larger battery pack and an improved range. The ZS EV is available in four exterior colours across two trims: Excite and Exclusive.
The new ZS EV gets new LED headlamps with integrated L-shaped DRLs, new L-shaped rear lights, unique front and rear bumpers, a panoramic sunroof, and redesigned 17-inch wheels. Further, MG has also moved the charging socket at the front, adjoining the brand logo.
The interior design of the ZS EV remains unchanged except for a new and larger 10.1-inch infotainment touchscreen with upgraded i-Smart connected car technology and a seven-inch digital instrument cluster. Other features include a wireless charging pad, power-adjustable front seats, blind-spot detection, lane change assist, rear-cross traffic alert, a 360-degree camera setup, six airbags, cruise control, electric parking brake, auto headlamps, and wipers.
Battery, range, and performance
MG has upgraded the battery pack with this update, thus the new ZS EV is powered by a bigger 50.3kWh battery pack – enabling an improved WLTP certified range of 461km, as against the previous 419km. Meanwhile, the ZS EV generates 173bhp and 280Nm of torque.
User Reviews for ZS EV
- Hello Sir, Seeing the Gorgeous Brand name of MG ZS EV company in the market and the quality of the Car vehicle you are providing, I booked two cars MG ZS EV and MG Hector -7-Seater at Tejpal Motors Nerul Navi Mumbai on 07/05/2022. But, I got delivery MG SV EV Car after six months on 29/11//2022. The said MG SV EV Car’s after 740Km. of running , 1st servicing was done. After that we went to Nashik Pimpalgaon Maharashtra on 26/12/2022 for Wedding while returning from Kasara Ghat, we parked the car at Vrindavan Hotel for charging, in Charging + Zone at 7:00 pm but the car was not charging. And after a while when we try to start car , "Vehicle Control System Fault. Please Stop Safely." There was such a message. Then, regarding the said message, I call Roadside Assistant Toll Free No. 18001006464. So they said they will have to tow the said car and take it to Nashik. At that time I asked them to take my car to Navi Mumbai, but they said our rule is that, we do towing near the nearest spot. Mr. Nara Jagdale mobile no.- 9922942169 told me. So they towed my car to Nashik. But basically when the MG Showroom Dealer-Nashik did not available staff and required EV Car Machinery , they only took my car at Nashik as Nearest Spot. And at that time 12:45 PM they arranged Ertiga Maruti Vehicle for us (myself age--58 years, my wife age--51 years, my mother-in-law- age--90 years, my sister age--55 years, her 5 year old grandson, my nephew age--35 years) . After towing my car we left Kasara at 12:45 PM and reached home on 27/12/2022 at 4:00 AM. In all this process we had to spend 5:30 hours in bitter cold at Kasara Ghat. Because of this, when it was 15-16 degrees outside, my family had to suffer a lot of pain and suffering. We had to wait for your towing car and Ertiga car on the road in this cold weather. Because even with a new car of 28 lakhs, we had to wait for help on the road at night with the family and the help was received after 4 hours. If the new car is stuck in the road at night and the family will suffer, So on 29/12/2022 I cancelled the second car booked on 7/5/2022. And I received the amount Rs.50000/-from Tejpal Motors Nerul Navi-Mumbai Maharashtra on Dt.30/12/2022. Fortunately, Nashik dealer repaired our car machine which was locked using the software with the help of a laptop. But they were calling me to take the said car from Nashik. The towing person said that your car will be repaired and dropped off at your home. But the Nashik dealer said that they don't have any such arrangement. And We cannot arrange anything like that. So you have to come to Nashik to Ambad MIDC to collect your car. Else you talk to Roadside Assistant Toll Free No.18001006464. Accordingly, I continue contacted Roadside Assistant (18001006464) on 29/12/2022 from 10:30am to 9:00pm and also on 30/12/2022 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. But different officers of Roadside Assistant were saying that we cannot deliver your car to Navi Mumbai. So when I said that I will file a case against you in Consumer Court, without any reason, Roadside Assistance (RSA) delivered my car to Tejpal Motors Godown at Vahuli Village, Bhiwandi, Dist.Thane Maharashtra on 31/12/2022. And I got delivery of my car on 4/1/2023 from Tejpal Motors Nerul Navi Mumbai Showroom. Due to all this trouble, I had to travel by rickshaws and taxis for work for almost 9 days. We had to suffer a lot because of your car. Even when my car was new, only due to the fault of the battery control system of the vehicle, I and my family (with 90yrs. old lady) had horrible experience on the road from 7:00pm to 12:45 midnight on 26/12/2022.Today I am getting my car after so long. So I have cancelled my second booked MG Hector car due to your service. Please take note of this. So you should improve your Service, Service of Roadside Assistant and MG EV Cars Battery Quality. I hope you will take care how to reduce the inconvenience to customers like me. Thank you, Raju D. Patil 9820329967 / 9326704073 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maintenance 1574 per month
- it has a nice power for offroading . services are also nice , he best experience was the delivery , the maintanence cost is very nice
- Maintenance 7000 per month
- Very nice car, fair price, good driving experience, good look, environment Lover, less service charges
- Maintenance 1000 per month
ZS EV FAQs
Quick Facts about MG ZS EV
MG ZS EV, a SUV, is available from ₹ 23.38 - 27.40 Lakh in India. MG offers the latest ZS EV in 3 versions in India. The base model Excite starts at ₹ 23.38 Lakh in Delhi and the top model Exclusive Iconic Ivory priced at ₹ 27.40 Lakh in Delhi. If you are looking for 5 seater car then you should consider ZS EV.
ZS EV comes in 3 Electric version (s).
The Electric version comes with 50.3kWh battery and generates power. It can drive 419Km on full charge.
MG ZS EV comes in 4 colors which include Glaze Red, Aurora Silver, Starry Black, and Candy White.
Similar Cars To MG ZS EV
Compare ZS EV with Alternatives
|MG ZS EV||Hyundai Kona Electric||BYD Atto 3||Tata Nexon EV Max|
|Price||₹ 23.38 Lakh||₹ 23.84 Lakh||₹ 33.99 Lakh||₹ 16.49 Lakh|
|Safety Rating||5 Star (Euro NCAP)||5 Star (Euro NCAP)||Not Tested||5 Star (Global NCAP)|
|Boot Space||448 litres||332 litres||440 litres||350 litres|
|Ground Clearance||-||172 mm||175 mm||205 mm|
|Size||4323 mm L X 1809 mm W X 1649 mm H||4180 mm L X 1800 mm W X 1570 mm H||4455 mm L X 1875 mm W X 1615 mm H||3993 mm L X 1811 mm W X 1616 mm H|
|Compare||ZS EV base vs top model||Compare ZS EV vs Kona Electric||Compare ZS EV vs Atto 3||Compare ZS EV vs Nexon EV Max|
MG ZS EV Colors
MG ZS EV Videos
MG ZS EV News
MG Motor India recently announced a price increase across its range of vehicles in India. This price revision is set to be implemented from March 2023 onwards. The details of the price hike have now been revealed, indicating an increase of up to Rs. 60,000.
The EV could provide a travel range of up to 300km.
New MG ZS EV is available in two variants.
Last month, Morris Garages India had announced that it would increase the prices of all its models from January 2023. We have now got our hands on the new model-wise prices.
MG is offering discounts on parts and services, complimentary vehicle check-up, and more.
Find New Cars of Your Choice