Grand i10 and Xcent have been shining stars for Hyundai

Friday 13 June 2014, 10:49 AM by

Hyundai has recently earned the title for itself as being a largest car exporter in India. The Korean car-maker in its never ending thirst for perfection has delivered some of the finest affordable cars in the hatchback as well as sedan segment. Both the cars – Xcent and Grand i10 have been a instant hit from the day it was launched in the country.

The Hyundai Xcent sedan is available in Petrol and Diesel variants. The petrol version is powered by 1.2 Litre kappa dual VTVT engine, whereas the diesel version shall be powered by 1.1litre U2 technology engine. The Hyundai Xcent is placed in straight line of competition with the likes of Maruti Dzire and Honda Amaze. As per sources, the car may also be available with an automatic transmission apart from a regular manual version at a later date. Safety factor has been given due importance by the Korean car-maker. The production version is stated to be loaded with Anti-lock braking system, rear defogger, dual airbags, central locking, rear parking assist and central locking. Hyundai Xcent has been launched in the Indian market with an attractive price tag of 4.66 Lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi). The diesel version is offered at a starting price of Rs 5.56 lakh.

Grand i10 and Xcent have been shining stars for Hyundai | CarTrade.com
Grand i10 and Xcent have been shining stars for Hyundai

Back in April, Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President for Sales and Marketing, Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL), said to PTI, “Since March, when the prices of the car were disclosed, we have received more than one lakh inquiries, 40,000 test drive requests and around 11,000 bookings for the car. On an average, the company is getting around 450 bookings for the car per day. Around 52 per cent of the bookings are for the petrol version while the rest 48 per cent are for the diesel variants of the car.”

Grand i10 and Xcent have been shining stars for Hyundai

The Hyundai Grand i10 is available in Petrol as well as Diesel variant. The petrol version shall be powered by 1.2 litre Kappa2 engine that generates about 83Ps of power, whereas the diesel version shall be powered by 1.1 U2 diesel engine that generates about 71Ps of power. The petrol version is mated to optional five speed manual and four speed automatic transmission. The diesel engine is mated to a five speed manual transmission. The 2nd generation CRDi technology in diesel offers improved operating pressure, low compression ratio, light weight engine block and an enhanced atomization of fuel. A combined effort from all these ensures more performance, more efficiency with lower running costs, lower NVH and lesser emissions.

The Grand i10 seems to be a little peppy and jumps from rest in an impressive manner. This car isn't for highway racing, but its just perfect for city commute. Gear ratio has been attained with perfection to enable the driver to avoid frequent gear-shifts. Suspension in the Hyundai i10 has been designed to handle potholes at a lower speed, whereas taking on a bump at a higher speed may get slightly rough. Steering is responsive and handles well under all circumstances. Interiors in the i10 hatchback has always been impressive, and the new Grand i10 doesn't disappoint you either. Beige plastic in the lower end of the car gives it a rich feel. Furthermore, the cabin space features ample legroom and storage space. As per sources, the boot space in the Grand i10 is better as compared to Swift hatchback.

Speaking more on industry trend, Srivastava added, “The good news is that industry is expected to grow in single digit in this calender year and the company would do better than the industry. Last year, our market share stood at 20.7 per cent. We believe we will further increase our market share. We will do better than the industry.”

Follow Nikhil Puthran on
Ad
Popular Hyundai Cars
    No New Cars
Popular Cars
Upcoming Cars
Ad