The Volkswagen Touareg, a SUV from Volkswagen, was launched in India in Jan 2012.
Volkswagen Touareg price starts from ₹ 58.77 Lakh in India. Touareg is available in 7 colours - Campanella White, Galapagos Anthracite, Pure White, Graciosa Brown Metallic, Cool Silver Metallic, Night Blue Metallic, and Deep Black Pearlescent. Touareg seating capacity is 7 People. Touareg mileage is 8.7 km/l.
Touareg is available in 1 versions and 1 fuel options - Diesel. Diesel models comes with 2967cc engine which generates peak power of 242 bhp @ 3800 rpm .
Touareg competes with Jeep Wrangler, Volvo XC40 Recharge and Mercedes-Benz GLB in India.
Volkswagen Touareg Model List
|Touareg Model||Price||Key Specs|
|3.0 V6 TDI||₹ 58.77 Lakh||Diesel, 2967 cc, Automatic|
Last Recorded Price
Volkswagen Touareg has been discontinued in 2014. We are showing the last known price for Touareg.
Volkswagen Touareg Key Specifications
|₹ 58.77 Lakh|
|2 Years (Unlimited KMs)|
|4795 mm L X 1940 mm W X 1709 mm H|
Ground Clearance (mm)
Volkswagen Touareg Variants
Find a list of all 1 diesel versions of Volkswagen Touareg. This table includes Volkswagen Touareg on-road price which covers all costs like RTO and Insurance.
- 7 Seater
|Touareg Versions||Ex-showroom Price||Compare|
Diesel, 2967 cc, Automatic, 8.7 kmpl
Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine: 2967 cc (Higher engine size helps to generate more power)
Transmission: Automatic (In semi-automatic transmission cars, Gear shifting is handled by the car itself like an automatic car but gear shifting may not be as smooth as an automatic car)
Mileage: 8.7 kmpl (ARAI reported mileage)
₹ 58.77 Lakh
Key Features : Sunroof, Cruise Control, Push Button Start, Leather Seats, Alloy Wheels
Volkswagen Touareg Discontinued Versions
Note: ALL Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI have been discontinued.
User Reviews for Touareg
- I became a proud owner of Volkswagen Touareg, which is the first sports utility vehicle (SUV) by Volkswagen in India. Being a sporty and adventurous kind, I appreciate its tough built as it has also allowed me do several off-road activities. This car is powered with 3.0L, 2967 cc 6-cylinder diesel engine. Its engine is capable of generating 238 hp at 4000 to 4400 rpm and a peak torque churned is 550 Nm. Owing to such a power and torque, Touareg is capable of attaining an amazing speed and acceleration. Even on uneven and concrete roads, this car offers me with a smooth and comfortable drive because of its higher ground clearance. Though I did not like the audio system installed in the car and some interior features of it also failed to impress me. What impressed me the most, was its safety features. The car is equipped with several safety features such as all disc brake with ventilated disc brake at front, safety headrest system, ABS with ESP, 8 airbags with head and side airbags and bi-Xenon with cornering lights. The presence of airbags minimises the effect at the time of crash or accidents. The electronic stability program with anti-lock braking system helps in preventing bolting of wheels in case of unexpected braking of the car. The safety and security feature of the car also includes engine immobiliser, alarm with interior protection and remote central locking.Read MoreCollapse
- Being an adventure minded person, I purchased the Volkswagen Touareg, which is a mid-sized SUV. This vehicle has enabled me to be indulged in various off-roading activities. The Touareg comes with a 6-cylinder diesel engine, which has displacement 2967cc. Power generated by the engine of this car is 238 hp at 4000 to 4400 rpm. The torque churned by the engine is 2000 to 2500 rpm. Owing to the high power and torque, the car is able to attain high speed and acceleration. On bumpy roads, I can smoothly drive the car as it has higher ground clearance. Apart from its power, I am quite impressed by the safety features of this car. It has 8 airbags, which minimises the impact of any kind of collision. Acoustic and visual warning is provided by the park distance control for indicating about the space to maneuver. For the front section, ventilated disc brakes are provided whereas the rear section of the car has Electronic Stability Program. The locking of wheels is prevented in case of sudden braking due to the anti-lock braking system of the car. Hence, the chances of accident incase of sudden braking is reduced to a great extent.Read MoreCollapse
- I was longing for Volkswagen to introduce a premium luxury sports utility vehicle and finally I took Volkswagen Touareg out for a drive. The car gives superb performance, has a classy presence and grand in-cabin features. The interior however, is slightly disappointing in terms of rear passenger leg room and head room. On the bright side, I found the car to be aerodynamically designed for any kind of roads owing to features like hill-climbing ability, side slope angle, ramp angle and wading depth. The exterior has regular equipment like electronically sliding and tilting glass roof, spare rear mounted wheel and alloy wheels. I didn't find the interior to have abundant legroom for rear passengers; however, the driver seat has been given special attention. Driver's seat has features like multi-function steering with mounted cruise control and double sun-visor. The car has simple storage spaces to facilitate comfort while driving. These include storage compartment in instrument panel, two cup-holders in front centre console and a glove compartment with cooling function. The SUV comes well equipped with all necessary and additional safety features. Some of them are Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), brake assist with dual-rate function and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD).Read MoreCollapse
- i drive the toureg now, its a beauty. very safe and heavy car. drove a prado before this which is also a good 4 wheel but Toureg is leagues ahead. beauty, comfort, safety- all in one.Read MoreCollapse
Touareg Dealers in India
Quick Facts about Volkswagen Touareg
Volkswagen Touareg, a SUV, is available from ₹ 58.77 Lakh in India. Volkswagen offers the latest Touareg in 1 versions in India. The base model 3.0 V6 TDI starts at ₹ 58.77 Lakh in Delhi and the top model 3.0 V6 TDI priced at ₹ 58.77 Lakh in Delhi. If you are looking for 7 seater car then you should consider Touareg.
Touareg comes in 1 Diesel version (s).
The Diesel version comes with 2967cc engine capacity and Automatic transmission mode(s). It generates 242 bhp @ 3800 rpm.
Volkswagen Touareg comes in 7 colors which include Campanella White, Galapagos Anthracite, Pure White, Graciosa Brown Metallic, Cool Silver Metallic, Night Blue Metallic, and Deep Black Pearlescent.
Similar Cars To Volkswagen Touareg
- ₹ 57.90 - 59.50 LakhAvg. Ex-Showroom price
Compare Touareg with Alternatives
|Volkswagen Touareg||Jeep Wrangler||Volvo XC40 Recharge||Mercedes-Benz GLB|
|Price||₹ 58.77 Lakh||₹ 59.02 Lakh||₹ 56.90 Lakh||₹ 63.80 Lakh|
|Engine Size||2967 cc||1995 cc||-||1332 cc|
|Transmission||Automatic||Automatic (TC)||Automatic||Automatic (DCT)|
|Power||242 bhp @ 3800 rpm||268 bhp @ 5150 rpm||-||160 bhp @ 5500 rpm|
|Torque||550 Nm @ 1750 rpm||400 Nm @ 3000 rpm||-||250 Nm @ 1620 rpm|
|Safety Rating||-||1 Star (Euro NCAP)||5 Star (Euro NCAP)||5 Star (Euro NCAP)|
|Boot Space||-||897 litres||419 litres||-|
|Ground Clearance||205 mm||214 mm||175 mm||-|
|Size||4795 mm L X 1940 mm W X 1709 mm H||4882 mm L X 1894 mm W X 1838 mm H||4440 mm L X 1863 mm W X 1647 mm H||4634 mm L X 1834 mm W X 1697 mm H|
|Compare||-||Compare Touareg vs Wrangler||Compare Touareg vs XC40 Recharge||Compare Touareg vs GLB|
Find New Cars of Your Choice