₹ 13.17 Lakh Onwards
All 13 Reviews for Mahindra Thar
- Whats Good
4*4 and power.What Can Improve
It takes hours to write all problems. Everything is to b improved like parts availability by Mahindra and Mahindra, costumer care and support. Rusting.
All workshops of Mahindra and Mahindra near Alwar are thugs and after accident Thar need six months minimum for repair because parts are very difficult to get after order. Sound from different parts makes me angry on authorized workshops and last but not least wipers stop working when rain starts.
- Mileage (City) 11 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway) 12 kmpl
- Whats Good
High power engine, optimal gear ratios, borg warner transfer case, weight to power ratio.What Can Improve
Paint work is a crap from mahindra, rusted off in six month, rusty while taking delivery itself. Leaking interiors, quality of canopy very bad, zipps and stitches comes of in a year.
Very reliable, go any where, never been to slush, in the 50000 kms ride 2% would be on very loose sandy beaches, 15% on heavy offroad and 25% on ghat roads and the rest on highways. Except wiper no other issues in my vehicle and my usage is very harsh. Very perticular on service and maintanance, I never compensete in the maintanance schedule and personally ensure all the jobs and routine jobs in the user manual are completed without fail.
- Mileage (City) 11 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway) 13 kmpl
- Maintenance 1000 per month
- Whats Good
The Powered Di EngineWhat Can Improve
The Paint Quality, Interiors, Speedo meter
I upgraded my Thar by adding Silverline Allows and Yokohama Tyres for more Comfort & Style.If you love Adventure Trips & Travelling you must choose Thar.
- Mileage (City) 14 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway) 16 kmpl
- Maintenance 500 per month
- When I took a test drive in Mahindra Thar, I instantly classified this model as a hard core Jeep. The name of the car itself suggests a car that is brought back from the old days. The model has a rough and tough exterior and has a capacity to hold heavy loads. Mahindra Thar comes with an open roof top, which does not suit in hot and humid environs. I find this model the best option for adventurous long travelling; however, it does lag behind in terms of security features. Mahindra Thar comprises of a power engine and features like power door locks, power steering wheel and tubeless tyres. The interior front is simple and strong, however lacks air conditioning, music system and standard security system like ABS. On the other hand, Mahindra Thar is decently spacious and can accommodate up to seven people comfortably. I felt the quality of the leather seats was very grunge and did not match up to the quality in luxury cars. Towards the exteriors, this Jeep has a very sporty feel, with three door openings and an open roof. During the test drive, I realised that the tyres are tubeless and were indeed very strong. The grills that come with the car are vertically aligned around standard headlights. The highlight of Mahindra Thar is its powerful engine, which is highly responsive at high speeds. A power packed engine with broad based tyres qualifies this car for travelling mostly on rough terrains and mountainous regions.Read MoreCollapse
- Hi,price is too big,but atleast they can provide more mileage like tavera(20kms)bcse we r living in india,we r getting fuel from other countries,why the company left 12km for this jeep,otherwise they can adopt 2kms,what a mileage,this is pertol company + vehicle company = unbelievable PROFIT.this is the formula,if we r in gulf we can manage,but if the company's making this type of low-mileage vehicle the future generations will hate....Read MoreCollapse
- i was forced to take a decision great regret!after waiting for a long period to get a wrangler type thar, we now got a bull cart of 60s ! i cancelled my prelaunch order which i have placed in advance to have the previlege of becoming the first to drive a true indian product from our own indian mahindra. regrettedRead MoreCollapse
- I was very much enthusiastic to see the Thar and planned to purchase it. But very much disappointed to see the photographs on the blog. I don't see any difference in the traditional Mahindra Jeep that we already had MM 540 and this one. Now to be very precise the cost on-road 700000 is too much. Because if I purchase it then still I have to change the front two seats to the Jeep style bucket seats, close the back door and put a long comfortable seat in there. I am not OK with the hood style and the fabric used. I want alloy wheels. I want front bull bar like Mahindra Classic. If I spend some money on my low bonnet Willys then I will get the real value for money.Read MoreCollapse
- Well I too agree to most of my friends who have posted their comments here on M&M Thar. Definitely under-equipped, down market product... suitable for govt vehicles such as police or other departments.. Nowadays even the politicians or dept heads do not drive in govt provided vehicles :) Indian car manufactures need hire a better design team and also to do a better market study of what people are looking for than trying to push all the crappy vehicles in the market. I was planning on buying Thar, but after seeing it.. i have changed my mind. Its definitely much better to buy an used Mahindra MM 350 or similar and modify it similar to Jeep Wrangler.Read MoreCollapse
- To be honest i am disappionted when i saw the pics of Thar.It doent have any attraction that a youth will go for it.Interior of the vehicle is horrible especially the dashboard . No delicacy ,an open air vehicle doent mean that no AC is required or no music system shuld be installed ,then its better to have a cart . I think they should address its weakness otherwise its going to be major flop for mahindraRead MoreCollapse
- It is nothing but improved MM 540.M&M is trying to sale its old chasis and body with the new engine with a price tag of Rs. 6 to 8 lakhs. It is better to buy a second hand MM 540 4wd in Rs. 30000 and recondition it by investing Rs. 1.5 lakhs and take the pleasure of Thar. Then why to invest 8 lakhs. Why not to wait for worlds cheapest SUV hard top Dacia Duster which u can search on the Net and u will find no one can compare with it with a price tag of Rs. 7 to 8 lakhs. Regards Raja 9422892534Read MoreCollapse