₹ 74.95 Lakh Onwards
Solid build quality...like a Tank !
The ability to be stable at almost all the speeds that it is capable of.What Can Improve
The life of plastics used in the electrical switches is unlikely to match the rest of the car.
An engineering marvel in terms of design and execution.
More Reviews for Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Whats Good
The Build Quality of the body ! It is more than 17 years old and has covered over 107000 kilometers and age is showing only in very few of the perishable rubber parts. Metal parts like door latches and hinges do not show any signs of having been used over Indian roads as they are free from rattle or squeak. The doors and boot close with a reassuring thump of solidity, and the hood is very well counterbalanced with a facility to open it upright. There is adequate legroom for the rear seat passengers even if there is a tall person in the front seat who has pushed the bucket seat to its rear limits. The rear seat has an arm rest and the headrests can be dropped at the flick of a switch on the dashboard to increase the rear view visibility. All the windows are electrically operated and the rear switches have a child lock provision up in the front console, which has a generous dose of wood panelling. Instrumentation is comprehensive and flawless, there are numerous warning lights which all come on when the switch key is turned on and shut off after the engine comes to life indicating that all systems are fine, particularly interesting is the failed lamp indication which tell you if an exterior lamp has failed. The park lamps can be switched on for the side which is away from the kerb depending on which side of the road the car you have parked the car. The large single wiper has an eccentric gearing mechanism so that the wiper blade moves in a fashion where it extends to reach the corners and retracts as it passes the roof line, providing a very large sweep of the blade.What Can Improve
As the car is out of production, I do not think anything can improve. However I had two electrical failures, one a failure of power supply to the air-conditioner blower due to a breakage in the conducting wire within the harness. The second was a light switch failure, due to just one of the internal plastic components crumbling to bits - more reliable material alternatives may not have caused an age related failure. This I consider a negative for the reliability factor - causing a potential safety hazard - whereas the entire design of the same car has passenger safety and reliability as the prime concerns of the the Three-Pointed Star Brand.
I would consider this car a timeless beauty. The fact that the shape and outline emerged in the mid-eighties and lasted over a decade before being replaced due to a compulsive need to bring out a newer shape though unwarranted. If any enthusiast is contemplating acquiring a Classic Mercedes -Benz, I would wholeheartedly recommend scouting for a W124 and not any other model even if it is a quarter of a century old and needs to be restored. The car is a value for money proposition !Read MoreCollapse
- Whats Good
Creamy engine, sumptuous seats, mind blowing, air conditioning and a commanding driving position.What Can Improve
A little bit of body work and suspension.Read MoreCollapse
- The Mercedes E220D is from W124 series, the W124 family are considered one of best cars made by MB, over engineered, bulletproof build, superb suspension, easy availability and reasonably priced parts (for an MB), limited electronics, easily servicable as there are many garages that are competent in taking care of these cars.Handles very well and gives a comfortable ride. These cars are big garage space and parking is a bit of a problem.Read MoreCollapse
- I got a chance to test drive the new Mercedes Benz E Class E200 CGI, which was launched a while back in India. I couldn't find one flaw in this premium luxury sedan, while I was driving. Fuel economy could be improved; however, it is still sufficient considering the type of car. On the other hand, the car delivers better mileage on the highways. Whenever you talk about a Mercedes Benz model, it is bound that the car will have superb equipment. The E200 lives up to the brand name and is exactly what one might expect in a model like that. I was bowled over with the car's interior equipment like adjustable seats, steering and mirrors with programmable memory, auto dimming mirror, power windows with obstructions sensors and roller sun-blind. The car comes with automatic climate control system that is accompanied with separate air-vents for providing superior comfort to rear seat passengers. I always give importance to a car with optimum level of safety features. However, this premium luxury sedan provides more than just optimum equipment. Apart from all standard features, the car has integral safety concept, acceleration skid control, advanced parking guidance, rain-sensing wipers and adaptive high beam assist.Read MoreCollapse
- good oneRead MoreCollapse
- Recently silver star approached me for E220d, then i visited the showroom. The service of Silver star team is very good. The sales consultants were very friendly. Nice car with good look and driving experience is also very good.
- Mileage (City)10 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway)16 kmpl
- Maintenance40000 per month