Toyota Corolla Altis
|₹ 16.46 Lakh onwards|
|16.7 to 21.3 kmpl|
|1364 to 1798 cc|
|Manual, Automatic (CVT)|
About Toyota Corolla Altis
The Toyota Corolla Altis is a premium sedan from the Japanese carmaker. The original Corolla offered a very nice package at an affordable price tag which made it a popular sedan. But over the years, the prices have only gone north and under the facelifted, modern looking skin, is the same decade old underpinnings.
The Corolla Altis competes with the Hyundai Elantra, the Chevrolet Cruze, the Skoda Octavia and the Volkswagen Jetta. While the Elantra comes at a better price and more feature, the German rivals have much more power and technology running than the Toyota’s age-old mechanicals.
Further to this, read Toyota Corolla Altis Road Test details by our expert.
The new design is futuristic and toes the latest Japanese design trends. The fresh design element will help the brand further strengthen its footing in the Indian market. The front facia sports chrome embellished new upper grille and a wider radiator grille that is integrated onto the bumper. The vehicle gets new LED headlamps with daytime running lamps and new LED cluster tail lamps. The sides appear to be fairly the same as the current generation but you are in for a new set of alloys and tail lamps.
The interior of the new Toyota Corolla Altis have been fairly retained from the earlier car but gets revised upholstery, new HVAC controls and circular shaped HVAC vents. Toyota has also worked upon the quality and finish to be better than its predecessors. The instrument cluster gets a 4.2-inch MID display with updated software and also gets new Touch 2 system with navigation as standard. The rear seats recline making it the only car in its segment to offer the feature.
In terms of safety, the Altis gets seven airbags and ABS with EBD alogn with an electronic stability program for the automatic.
Engine and Gearbox
The 2017 Toyota Corolla will continue to be powered by 1.8-litre petrol engine that generates 138bhp of power, while the diesel version comes with a 1.4-litre engine that generates 87bhp. The new model is expected to offer slightly better fuel efficiency figures than the current generation model. The new Corolla Altis is offered in six-speed manual and seven-speed automatic transmission options for the petrol engine and a six-speed manual for the diesel.
Performance and Handling
The new Corolla with its surprisingly new features and refreshing additions to its technology is a treat for drivers. With an increased ground clearance, the car deals well with the unexpected potholes and speed breakers with ease. Even when the car is fully loaded, Corolla surged past the most troublesome road obstructions with ease, giving a superb manoeuvring prowess.
The 1364 cc Diesel - powered variant delivers a fuel economy of 18 kmpl in city and 20 kmpl on highways, while the Petrol variant offers a mileage of 18 kmpl on urban roads and 20 kmpl on freeways, respectively.
Toyota Corolla Altis Price List
Find a list of all 4 petrol and 2 diesel versions of Toyota Corolla Altis. This table includes on-road price which covers all costs like RTO and Insurance.
Toyota Corolla Altis Images
Toyota Corolla Altis Expert Review
2014 Toyota Corolla Altis: First Drive
With the 2014 Corolla Altis, Toyota is in a mood to regain lost sheen and race ahead of competition. The new Corolla Altis brings in a bold design with refined features. This one also claims to be an â€˜excitingâ€™ offering which has been tweaked in all d
Toyota Corolla Altis Expert Review
2014 Toyota Corolla Altis: First Drive
2014 Toyota Corolla Altis: First Drive
There have to be many strong reasons behind the Corolla Altis being called the strongest selling car in the world. Even in India, it has managed to hold on to it's throne of being the most popular D segment car.
Credit goes to its efficient engine, cabin features and simple exterior design. It has been 11 years since the car first landed on Indian shores. It ticked all the wishes of a typical premium car buyer. It was the only car in that segment to offer premium luxury and performance without losing on practical approach.
With the 2014 Corolla Altis, Toyota is in a mood to regain lost sheen and race ahead of competition. The new Corolla Altis brings in a bold design with refined features. This one also claims to be an ‘exciting’ offering which has been tweaked in all departments. We try tapping it in our first drive report.
Just as we reviewed the Etios Cross and had formed an opinion about its design, it was the Corolla Altis waiting to shatter all that with its modern striking design lines. We object to the designers going all classy on the premium range while giving its younger siblings a step motherly treatment.
Saving the complaints for another day, the 2014 Corolla Altis is definitely a nice looking sedan. It strongly reminds of the new Camry with its bold power lines on the design. We call it a ‘nice’ looking sedan because the one sold internationally is a far more attractive and aggressive looking version of Corolla. If only Toyota would have thought of launching it pushing the Fluidic Sculpture behind.
In India, premium doesn’t get complete without a generous dosage of chrome. The radiator grille has been completely garnished with loads of bling but it does not look tacky. It looks better than that on Camry. The triple blade grille enters the headlight also making a T formation. The blade on top flows along the grille sweeping back with the headlight design. Fog lamps are placed neatly on the front bumper.
The side profile looks stretched with the new design. There have been changes in the dimensions. The new Corolla Altis gets a revised wheelbase. It is larger than the earlier model but then at the same time Toyota has reduced the height of this one to make it look more aerodynamic.
The rear tail-lamps have a sleek design and are joined by a chunky chrome bar flowing in between. The boot lid cuts in an edgy semi hexagonal shape and the muscular rear bumpers protrude out. Comparatively, the new Corolla Altis looks way better than the earlier model as this one brings in more character and substance to the design.
They might not have the lines to flaunt and impress but then when it comes to functionality, this one does its job well. It gets everything from leather upholstery, spacious and comfy seats to a host of many other features.
The seats are extremely comfortable and well cushioned. Only the GL variant gets a 8 way power adjustable driver seat. Seats in both rows are well crafted. The headroom is fantastic even though this one is shorter in height and also due to the increase in length and wheelbase; the rear seats too offer great legroom. It is also the only car in this segment to have reclining rear seats.
On the central console, there is a nice beige touch given to the dashboard. The GL and G variants get 7.0 LCD touch screen while the JS gets a 5.8 LCD touchscreen. It can control various functions like Bluetooth telephony, navigation system, entertainment as well as accessing vehicle information. Along with offering options like USB and Aux-in, it has a SD card reader too which can be accessed by tilting the touchscreen.
It gets numerous storage options throughout the cabin. The Auto Climate control Ac can be controlled via the unit on the central console. This unit cools the cabin effectively but then absence of rear AC vents is felt too especially under extreme day time climate.
The diesel variant which sells in superb numbers has a comparatively smaller engine than the competition. It has a 1364cc 4 Cylinder CRDi engine. It produces 88PS of power at 3800 rpm and 205Nm from 1800 to 2800 rpm. Toyota offers the diesel in a 6 speed manual transmission as standard.
The diesel engine feels refined and smoother than before. The gear shifts have also become fairly easier. It does not feel like a small engine especially at higher speeds where the D-4D is at its comfort best. The diesel clatter gets louder once the engine starts revving at a higher rpm but then it can be ignored because of the amazing insulation of the cabin. Power delivery happens gradually. There is an evident lag at the beginning but then the engine works hard on its way to the top.
The petrol on the other hand gets my thumbs up. It feels rev friendly and more easy on the throttle. It gets a bigger block 1.8L Dual VVT-I Gasoline engine which produces a power of 140 PS at 6400 rpm and a torque of 173Nm at 4000 rpm. This one gets an optional 7 Speed CVT transmission in addition to the 6 speed manual box.
The CVT transmission unit is really quick when it comes to shifts and one also gets shift pedals with the AT unit. The petrol engine gets on the groove really fast and obviously it has 140PS at disposal. The torque ratings aren’t great but then it still doesn’t bother much as the engine keeps revving for a long time on the power band. Even though the dimensions are altered still it handles decently.
The steering wheel lacks precise feedback and can be improved further. At high speeds the vehicle is extremely stable and very well planted on the road. The suspensions which have been tweaked too offer a soft ride. Both the front and rear gets disc brakes and are effective in stopping this one even at great speeds. We shall cover both the cars in detail soon.
|Engine||1.8L Dual VVT-I Gasoline Engine||D-4D CRD Engine|
|Max Power PS @ rpm||140 @ 6400||88.4 @ 3800|
|Max Torque Nm @ rpm||173 @ 4000||205 @ 1800 - 2800|
|Transmission||7 Speed AT / 6 Speed Manual||6 Speed Manual|
|Fuel Tank Capacity L||50||50|
|Turning Radius m||5.4||5.4|
|Tyres||195/65 R15||195/65 R15|
|Brakes Front||Ventilated Disc||Ventilated Disc|
|Brakes Rear||Solid Disc||Solid Disc|
|USB and Aux-in Port||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Steering Mounted Controls||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Leather Clad seats||No||No||No||Yes|
|Rear Reclining Seats||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tilt n Telescoping Steering Wheel||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|8 Way Power Driver Seats||No||No||No||Yes|
|Push Start/Stop System||No||No||No||Yes|
|SRS Airbags (D + P)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Front Fog Lamps||No||No||No||No|
|Remote Boot Opener||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Immobiliser + Alarm||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Variant||Diesel GL||Diesel E4||LTZ|
|Enine capacity||1.4L||1.5 L||2.0 L|
|Power in PS||88.4||110||150|
|Torque in NM||205||240||327|
|Fuel efficiency Average kmpl||NA||20.4||17|
|Tyre size||195/65 R15||205/60 R16||205/60 R16|
|Safety features||ABS,Dual airbags||ABS,Dual airbags||ABS,Dual airbags,Emergency exit systems|
|Upholstery||Leather||Leather||Monotone titanium jet black|
The highlight of the new Corolla Altis has to be its body design. It looks a lot better than the earlier model. The comfort inside also scores great points and with features like rear reclining seats and great legroom, very few cars come close to it.
The engine s also feels refined now and Toyota claims them to be more efficient than before. It is just finishing levels where the Corolla Altis could have done better. We are sure with the new Corolla Altis, Toyota can breathe a sigh of relief as this one will make the competition think for sure.
User Reviews for Corolla Altis
- Whats Good
drivingWhat Can Improve
- Mileage (City) 12 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway) 16 kmpl
- Maintenance 5000 per month
- Whats Good
1. Small Engine - Yet good power (Torque), 2. Very good interiors, 3. Confortable seats, 4. Well insulated cabin, 5. Good suspension, 6. Very good mileage.What Can Improve
Toyota can offer more value add by giving following features: 1. Rear AC Vents 2. GPS Navigation System, 3. Automatic wipers and lights, 4. Lumbar support for co-passenger
Every time I look at it, I feel proud of my Toyota Altis! It is a Gentleman's Car!
- Mileage (City) 16 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway) 22 kmpl
- Maintenance 1500 per month
- Whats Good
* The engine (4 cylinder inline, 1794 cc, 1ZZ-FE engine 132 ps @ 6000 rpm, 17.3 kgm @ 4200 rpm) is very refined and smooth. It feels more responsive and pulls very easily from any gear. Does not feel sluggish even when climbing ghats or slopes with AC ON. * Even with 5 people on board the car didn't scrape any speed breaker so ground clearance is not an issue. * For Senior Citizens, ingress and egress is very good. My parents disliked Honda Civic for this main reason. * BOOT Space is very Good. We never had to flag a taxi on our airport trips. The Rear seat also folds down, with option of half or full fold. It also has a lock located in the boot to prevent accidental fall of seats. * The Person sitting in the middle on rear seat will not feel uncomfortable due to FLAT FLOOR concept. Other cars have a hump which is very inconvenient. This is also the main reason why i chose this car. Very well thought feature. * Perfect car for long drives and high way trips. Very comfortable and SAFE.What Can Improve
* GPS navigation should be a standard feature. * The design of the alloy wheels is a bit too plain for my liking. * The sun-glass holder is pretty useless. Cannot find the usefulness of Sun-glass holder! Canâ€™t close it with sun-glass and canâ€™t keep it open with sun-glass as it blocks rear view mirror! * A net kind of bag should be there in BOOT, so that stuffs like bottles and other items don't keep rolling here and there while driving. I guess some cars do have this NET BAG on the sides of the BOOT. * Traction Control feature also should be added as many cars in this range do have it. * They should also come out with a HYBRID version in Altis. * Cruise control feature is also what should be added. * Sun roof / Moon roof should also be added.
* The car was going to be used for daily commuting by my parents and myself so legroom, comfort, reliability, safety, status symbol and styling were the most important things and the sole reason why i chose to buy this car.
- Mileage (City) 9 kmpl
- Mileage (Highway) 12 kmpl
- Maintenance 1000 per month
- To purchase the new Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G, I had to invest a huge sum of money. In spite of paying a high price, I am quite satisfied by my purchase. This car has 2ZR-FE, Gasoline, 4 cylinder inline engine, which generates high power and torque. 1798 cc engine of this car generates power of 139 hp at 6400 rpm whereas; the torque churned by the engine of this car is 173 Nm at 4000 rpm. Powerful engine of this car help it attain speed of 100 kmph in 11.7 seconds, which is really impressive. I can cover my office distance in very short distance after I purchased this car. Exterior look of this car makes it a head turner and also enhances my image among my friends. From front to rear, every feature of this sedan is impressive. Door handles of the car are in chrome finish and the ORVMs are in body colour. Seven spoke alloy wheels are provided by the company, which delivers robust look to the vehicle. In terms of safety, this sedan beats many other cars. For driver and passengers, seat belts are provided. It also has HID headlamps with retractable washers, immobiliser and seat security lock.Read MoreCollapse
- I have recently purchased a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 GL, which is a luxury sedan. This car has raised my social status and I feel proud of my purchase. Toyota Kirloskar Motor is a renowned name in the automobile industry. The brand value of Toyota was the main reason for this purchase. Apart from the attractive exterior design, I am impressed by the powerful engine of this vehicle. The car is loaded with a 2ZR-FE, Gasoline, 4 cylinder inline, 16 Valve, DOHC, Dual VVT-I engine, which delivers enormous power and torque. Due to the 1798 cc engine, the car can deliver power of 138 hp at 6400 rpm and the torque attained by this vehicle is 173 Nm at 4000 rpm. Till date, my experience with this car is quite good as it is excellent in every aspect. Even though it is a luxury sedan, the vehicle can attain top speed of 180 kmph. For the front, the car has MacPherson Strut whereas the rear section is provided with torsion beam suspension. Presence of these suspension systems minimise the jerks on uneven terrains. Hence, maximum stability of the vehicle is also ensured. 195 / 65 R15 Tubeless tyres maintain proper grip on road and prevents the occurrence of accident.Read MoreCollapse
Quick Facts about Toyota Corolla Altis
Toyota Corolla Altis, a Sedan, is available from ₹ 16.46 Lakh to ₹ 20.20 Lakh in India. Toyota offers the latest Corolla Altis in 6 versions in India. The base model G Petrol starts at ₹ 16.46 Lakh in Delhi and the top model VL CVT Petrol priced at ₹ 20.20 Lakh in Delhi. If you are looking for 5 seater car then you should consider Corolla Altis.
Corolla Altis comes in 4 Petrol version(s) and 2 Diesel version(s).
The Petrol version comes with 1798 cc engine capacity and Manual,Automatic (CVT) transmission mode(s). It generates 138 bhp @ 6400 rpm.
The Diesel version comes with 1364 cc engine capacity and Manual transmission mode(s). It generates 87 bhp @ 3800 rpm.
Toyota Corolla Altis comes in 7 colors which include Phantom Brown, White Pearl Crystal Shine, Celestial Black, Champagne Mica Metallic, Grey Metallic, Silver Mica Metallic, Super White II.
Similar Cars To Toyota Corolla Altis
Toyota Corolla Altis Colors
Corolla Altis Specifications
Note: Specifications for Corolla Altis G Petrol have been mentioned
Toyota Corolla Altis News
It seems that problems surrounding the faulty airbag inflators manufactured by Takata will not end anytime soon. Owing to faulty inflator units in their airbags, Toyota has announced recall for
Toyota has launched the 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis for a price tag starting at Rs 15.87 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi. This is a mid-life update for the Altis after the launch of the current generation car
The next generation Toyota Corolla will make a debut at the end of this year and is likely to be launched in mid-2018. A few months ahead of a potential reveal though, the car was spotted doing the
The 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis was recently launched for the Indian market. We tell you about the four most important changes on the sedan. Top 4 changes on the 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis
Toyota has launched the new Corolla Altis in the Indian market at Rs 15.87 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Japanese automaker’s long running D-segment sedan is now available across four petrol
Find New Cars of Your Choice
Used Toyota Cars
- ₹ 1.7 LakhStarting Price₹ 5 LakhStarting Price₹ 1.7 LakhStarting Price