The Tata Sumo [2002-2006], a SUV from Tata, was launched in India in Jan, 2002.
Tata Sumo [2002-2006] price starts from Coming Soon in India. Sumo [2002-2006] is available in 4 colours - Artic Silver, Blazing Red, Twilight Grey, Porcelain White.
Sumo [2002-2006] is available in 8 versions
Sumo [2002-2006] competes with Force Motors Gurkha, Mahindra Thar and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross in India.
Tata Sumo [2002-2006] Model List
|Sumo [2002-2006] Model||Price||Key Specs|
|SA (+)||Coming Soon||-|
|4x4 (+)||Coming Soon||-|
|EZI TC||Coming Soon||-|
|EX (+)||Coming Soon||-|
Sumo [2002-2006] Price
Last Recorded Price
Tata Sumo has been discontinued in 2006. We are showing the last known price for Sumo.
Tata Sumo [2002-2006] Key Specifications
Tata Sumo [2002-2006] Variants
|Sumo [2002-2006] Versions||Ex-showroom Price||Compare|
Tata Sumo [2002-2006] Discontinued Versions
Note: ALL Tata Sumo [2002-2006] SA (+), 4x4 (+), EZI, EZI TC, EX, EX (+), (+), Tourin have been discontinued.
User Reviews for Sumo [2002-2006]
- I parched tata sumo gold ex cr 4 modal . Whan we bay tata sumo gold service so good wheen we go to service after 15000 km very bad service .i told to sirvice parson mr. Abhijit (national atow hadapsar pune . form middle door air noice a/c problam and serviceing . ( what they did he hammer he band the door frem and back door rubber he founded from work shop he washed and put that frem and he told me its a new but its a new . Tata is robber they make money and people make fuul dont trust on tata make .... and dont bay tata make any modal ... very faltuRead MoreCollapse
- Tata sumo DLX . Good. Condition. If anybody interest contact me 9965224950. Mail id: email@example.com.
I have owned a classic Tata Sumo model for a long time and was eagerly awaiting the launch of the new Tata Sumo Gold.I have owned a classic Tata Sumo model for a long time and was eagerly awaiting the launch of the new Tata Sumo Gold. After taking the MUV out for a test drive, I have finalised to buy the Tata Sumo Gold EX model as it best suits my preferences. While driving the car, I was immediately impressed by the decent ground clearance that makes it perfectly suitable for Indian terrains. Moreover, the high performance diesel engine is a good option in the current economy as it will cater not only in terms of power and torque but also with favourable fuel economy. The Tata Sumo Gold EX variant is moderately priced that suits my budget perfectly. Moreover, with a reputation of a low maintenance cost involved, I am hoping to use this multi utility vehicle for a long time. Coming towards in cabin comfort and convenience, I find the EX variant well equipped with optimum features like an effective air-conditioning system with heater, demister, power windows, tinted glass and an overall spacious cabin. Features concerning passenger safety and security still need enhancements; however, overlooking this aspect, the MUV has an all rounding package suitable for off-roading trips across the nation.Read MoreCollapse
- Recently I had the opportunity to take the new Tata Sumo Gold CX for a test drive. I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of this low cost Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV). The best qualities of the car rests with its classic yet redefined exterior, improved fuel economy and comfort based interior. Talking strictly about the engine and its performance, I was very impressed by the 3-litre, 2596cc, CR4 diesel engine that comes with a capacity of delivering maximum power of 85 bhp along with optimum torque of 250 Nm. In terms of mileage, the car has optimum city fuel economy of 12 kmpl that expectedly goes up to 15 kmpl on highways. The aspect I like best about the MUV is its improved features towards the interior. Maintaining the spacious cabin capacity of 7-8 passengers with comfort, the cabin has additional features like air-conditioning system with climate control, power steering, power windows and music system with CD and MP3 player. However, on the downside there is always room for improvements in terms of safety and security equipment. Features like Anti-lock System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and airbags are not available in the car. Overall, the car gives quite a satisfactory package for a Multi Utility Vehicle perfect for Indian terrains.Read MoreCollapse
- I am a proud owner of a Tata Sumo Victa LX model which serves as a Multi as well as a Sports Utility Vehicle. I was instantly impressed by its robust and grunge exterior and decided to buy immediately after my first test drive. The most commendable aspect about the car is that it's capable of balancing engine performance and an incredibly smooth side. I believe the exterior structure and features is one of the strongest aspect of Tata Sumo Victa LX. The aggressive off-roading looks of the car is enhanced with the help of features including clear lens head lamps and tail-lamps, stylised front grille, clear lens side repeater lamps, spare wheel under the floor and much more. Tata Sumo Victa LX model comes with standard cabin features that has proven to be very advantageous during long off-roading trips. The most important feature for me is its effective Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)system. On the down side, cabin features can be improved with power steering, power windows, rear reading lamp, rear AC vents, lumbar support in seats, steering mounted controls and much more. On the whole, Tata Sumo Victa LX is the best suited vehicle for off-roading purposes which delivers an optimum performance, decent mileage and standard features.Read MoreCollapse
- I have used Tata Sumo Victa DI for some time now and purchased it, after carefully testing and analysing two prominent variants - Sumo Victa DI and Sumo Victa IDI. Tata Sumo Victa DI comes with impressive and comfortable interiors leather covered power steering wheel that comes with better manoeuvrability, power windows, heating , ventilation , air conditioning(HVAC) system and a CD/MP3 player. Sumo Victa DI comes with 3 L direct injection engine that delivers power of 70 PS at the rate of 3000 RPM and torque of 223 Nm at the rate of 1600 to 2200 RPM. The engine also has a turbo charger that aides in gaining maximum fuel efficiency. Moreover, the engine comes with a low maintenance cost with a high quality performance. On the security and safety front, Tata Sumo Victa DI is very under equipped. However, it does boosts features like key-less entry with engine immobilizer, side intrusion beam to ensure safety when there is a sideways collision and under-body steer wheel to facilitate better rear visibility. The engine immobilizer is basically an anti theft safety system having a key-less function for door unlock or lock. This system comprises of single user remote with lock and unlock controls, Body Control Module(BCM) and a lock indicator warning control on the instrument cluster. This car has been extremely advantageous for me in making long distance journeys with family and has provided me with a satisfactory performance on the luxury and comfort quotient.Read MoreCollapse
Sumo [2002-2006] FAQs
Similar Cars To Tata Sumo [2002-2006]
Compare Sumo [2002-2006] with Alternatives
|Tata Sumo [2002-2006]||Force Motors Gurkha||Mahindra Thar||Maruti Suzuki S-Cross|
|Price||Coming Soon||₹ 14.75 Lakh||₹ 13.58 Lakh||₹ 8.72 Lakh|
|Engine Size||-||2596 cc||1997 cc||1462 cc|
|Power||-||90 bhp @ 3200 rpm||150 bhp @ 5000 rpm||103 bhp @ 6000 rpm|
|Torque||-||250 Nm @ 1400 rpm||300 Nm @ 1250 rpm||138 Nm @ 4400 rpm|
|Safety Rating||-||Not Tested||4 Star (Global NCAP)||Not Tested|
|Boot Space||-||500 litres||-||353 litres|
|Ground Clearance||-||-||219 mm||180 mm|
|Size||-||4116 mm L X 1812 mm W X 2075 mm H||3985 mm L X 1820 mm W X 1920 mm H||4300 mm L X 1785 mm W X 1595 mm H|
|Compare||-||Compare Sumo [2002-2006] vs Gurkha||Compare Sumo [2002-2006] vs Thar||Compare Sumo [2002-2006] vs S-Cross|
Find New Cars of Your Choice
Used Tata Cars
- ₹ 2 LakhStarting Price₹ 44,624Starting Price