Tata Motors Puts Passenger Vehicles Launches on Hold

author image Rishi
Friday 26 June 2009, 00:00 AM

Tata Motors is expected to report loss this year and has put several of its drawing board projects on hold. “Only those product development plans had been put on hold or postponed that were on the drawing board stage for the future,” said an email from Tata Motors. Tata Motors had recently unveiled its D-segment sedan Tata Prima at the Geneva Motor Show which has now been put on the backburner. It had also planned an Indica refresh to be launched in India but it seems that it will also be delayed.

However, according to the company, “no announced products are on hold, including the crossover (Indicruz). There is no Indica refresh planned.” Indicruz is currently being tested in the UK and is expected to debut sometime early next year. Tata Motors will launch the new Indigo sometime later this year.

“The new Tata Indica Vista is not even a year old. The only car above the Tata Indigo that has been showcased is the recent concept car, Prima, which was displayed at the Geneva Motor Show this year. It remains a concept and has not been announced as a new car programme,” said a company official. He also stated that Tata Prima so far remains a concept luxury sedan designed by Italian car design studio, Pinanfarina, owned by Tata Motors.

Ad
Popular cars
Upcoming cars
  • Tata Tigor
    Tata Tigor
    • 5.06 - 7.37 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
Ad