Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) reports 14% growth in January

Tuesday 03 February 2015, 09:19 AM by

Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) the only Honda in Indian 2wheeler industry, has reportedly made a flying start to 2015 by recording a growth almost 5 times that of the Indian two-wheeler industry with stood about 3% in January 2015.

Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) reports 14% growth in January  |
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) reports 14% growth in January

Honda reportedly enjoyed a productive January’15 by clocking sales of 393,787 units against a corresponding figure of 3,44,750 units that were sold in January’14. The domestic sales contributed 344,678 units to the overall sales, growing grew at 14% at the end of January’15. Honda’s overall sales in domestic as well as export grew at 14% as well in January’15 on a Y-O-Y basis. Honda’s domestic market share stood at 28% by the end of January'15, growing at 23% in April’14-January’15, which is nearly double the pace of two-wheeler industry.

Honda has recently entered into a tie-up with Shriram Automall India Limited (SAMIL) ushering a new era for pre-owned two-wheeler industry. Under this tie-up, SAMIL will cater to the pre-owned 2-wheeler segment of HMSI, offering an organized structure to this unstructured market.

Promoting road-safety was yet again high on Honda’s priorities. It launched a nation-wide road safety awareness drive, which included felicitation of 2023 Delhi women riders, who learnt two-wheeler riding at its traffic parks in Baba Kharak Singh Marg (New Delhi). Honda also inaugurated it’s first-ever traffic training park in Chandigarh; and seventh nationally; at Sector-23, Chandigarh.

Honda was awarded for taking CSR initiatives into Road Safety by the Bloomberg Autocar 2015 in the category "CSR initiative towards road safety" (Two Wheeler). Honda’s Activa 125 also won the Motor Vikatan Awards 2015 - "Best Scooter of the year", as well as BBC Top Gear Awards; and Bike India Awards 2015 - “Scooter of the year up to 125cc. Honda also won the- “Two Wheeler Manufacturer of the year at Bike India Awards 2015. Furthermore, Department of Commerce & Transport, Govt. Of Odisha has awarded Honda for its contribution towards Road Safety & Traffic Training.

Follow Nikhil Puthran on
Popular Honda Cars
  • Honda Amaze
    Honda Amaze
    • 5.58 - 8.5 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
  • Honda Jazz
    Honda Jazz
    • 5.99 - 9.32 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
  • Honda City
    Honda City
    • 8.72 - 13.82 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
  • Honda WR-V
    Honda WR-V
    • 7.78 - 10 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
  • Honda Brio
    Honda Brio
    • 4.73 - 6.82 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
  • Honda BR-V
    Honda BR-V
    • 9.22 - 13.39 lakhs
    • Ex-showroom, Delhi
    No New Cars
Popular Cars
Upcoming Cars