• location

    Please Tell Us Your City

    location icon
      location iconClose
        Sorry!! No Matching Results found. Try Again.

        48 hours of Bharat bandh led to Rs 26000 crore loss in GDP

        CarTrade Editorial Team

        CarTrade Editorial Team

        Prominent trade unions of India have called for a two-day Bharat Bandh. Several scenes of chaos were witnessed in the Capital on the first day and tremendous GDP loss took place. As per reports, top industry association has revised its estimate up to Rs. 26,000 crore. Losses appear to be worse than expected with no signs of a letdown. Banks and public transport appear to have taken the brunt of these losses with auto rickshaws and taxis remaining off the roads.

        The violent riot had a negative impact on the country and the lives of several individuals. Reportedly, a leader of the trade union died in Haryana and damages started on the streets of Noida in a violent way, which started the so called two-day Bharat bandh. Narinder Singh, died All India Trade Union Congress treasurer, was smashed by a bus as he was trying to stop it from running on the Ambala roads. Later, his colleagues jammed a section of the highway and quarrelled with the police, who termed the death an accident. This mishap also emerged as a roadblock in the public transport and banking services, and hit the country adversely on its first day.

        In the industrial area of Noida, a large number of factories were damaged and several vehicles were put to fire, including the police vehicles. The aggressive workers blocked the roads and looted computers from the offices and various factories. In order to stop this aggression, police from Ghaziabad, Noida and Meerut, and the Provincial Armed Constabulary were asked to control the scenario, when in the evening everything was brought under control. By the end of day, over 60 individuals were arrested, who were all part of the riots.

        Mentioning his experience, a company owner said that the police was not paying any attention on the calls for help. He said, “We were locked inside and the mob kept pelting stones. But no policeman came. A PCR van came hours later but fled on seeing the mob.” Countering this statement, Additional Director General of NCR, OP Singh said, “We are conducting raids and looking at CCTV footage. The problem started after a group of workers found out some companies were open in Phase II. They were later joined by goons.”