Volkswagen Group gives thumbs up for promoting eco-friendly production technologies
Volkswagen Group has joined the global league of automakers dedicated towards promoting sustainable development with the launch of eco-friendly and fuel efficient technologies in its vehicles for which huge investments are being planned.
The ecological restructuring was given thumbs up by this German automotive group at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show. With setting up new sustainable targets coupled with the planned investment of over 66 percent of company’s five-yearly investment of €62.4 billion separately secured for this initiative, the firm will be implementing the most modern environment friendly mechanisms at all of its plants on the global front.
The Chairman, Volkswagen Group Board of Management, Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn said at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, "We are raising the bar much higher when it comes to sustainability." He further announced, "As a result, emissions by the Volkswagen Group fleet in 2015 will be below the important threshold of 120 grams CO2 per kilometer for the first time."
As far as the set targets are concerned, Mr. Winterkorn commented, "Volkswagen is not only working on developing the most environmentally-friendly vehicles, but also on building them with the greatest possible sustainability. That is why we have set ourselves the target of making production in the Volkswagen Group 25 percent more environmentally compatible by 2018."
With ensuring optimum utilization of available green resources, the world’s second largest auto giant is aiming high to achieve 40 percent decrease in greenhouse gas emissions in production related operations by the year 2020 and will promote greater use of renewable energy resources.
- Hyundai introduces Premium Assurance Package with new Elantra
- Mahindra Thar Daybreak edition - The custom beast
- Skoda Octavia to receive facelift in 2017
- Nissan starts manufacturing the India-bound Kicks in Mexico
- Volvo eyeing spot in Formula E
- Maruti Suzuki: The Road Ahead
- Firestone FR500 and LE02 tyres launched in India
- Hyundai Elite i20 petrol automatic likely to be launched soon
- Jeep SUVs to go on sale on August 30
- DigiSense is Mahindra's new vehicle connectivity platform