While C-Segment sedan sales are slowly plateauing in India, SUV’s under 12 Lakhs are gaining in popularity. A combination of better cabin space, higher ground clearance and commanding road presence are among the factors leading to this shift. Here’s a list of top 10 SUV’s popular with buyers across the country:
1. The Mahindra Thar is the quintessential SUV, with a refined & highly capable drivetrain, great go-anywhere abilities & the backing of the Mahindra brand behind it. Definitely one of the best SUV’s in India under 12 Lakhs today.
2. The Tata Safari Storme may be a little long in the tooth, but don’t underestimate the value offering of this gentle giant. Acres of cabin space with conventional styling, continue to make it a good buy among SUV’s under 12 lakhs in India.
3. The TUV300 is Mahindra’s take on the modern, true-blue SUV buyers’ aspirations. Rugged styling, well-laid out cabin and the recent power bump under the hood make it among the top 10 SUV’s to buy today.
4. The Scorpio is another best seller from India’s leading SUV brand. The recent model update has given it improved driving manners and numerous drivetrain updates, making it among the best SUV cars below 12 lakhs to buy today.
5. The Bolero may be a bit long in the tooth, but rugged styling, bulletproof reliability & stellar aftersales support even in the aftermarket segment are the secrets to its success despite newer models being launched in the segment.
6. The XUV500 has been a runaway success since its launch, thanks to that capable engine, the luxuriously appointed cabin & the cheetah inspired styling.
7. Renault Duster ushered in the new-age SUV game here in India. Chunky styling, feature packed & spacious cabin, powerful engines & the VFM positioning have been the secrets of its success.
8. Ford EcoSport is a premium compact SUV that’s proved to be a huge hit with buyers of SUV cars below 12 Lakhs in India. The ideal city-dwellers SUV, it comes with refreshed styling, a great choice of engines & road manners befitting the blue-oval badging on the car.
9. Anything that Hyundai touches, turns into sales gold! The Creta has literally set sales charts afire with its contemporary styling & capable drivetrain. This coupled with typical Hyundai benefits like a luxuriously appointed, feature packed cabin & the trouble free ownership promise make this one a winner.
10. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is the newest kid on the block among best SUV’s in India under 12 Lakhs. Strong styling, great DDiS engine and the Maruti Suzuki ownership experience has led to a sales bonanza for the manufacturer.