The country holds the dubious distinction of being the accident capital of the world. Add the growing number of fast cars in India to the mix and you have one fatal mix. In the past, safety features were directly proportional to the sticker price of the car. Today, we’ve got some of the top 10 safest cars under 10 lakhs. Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
1. Ford Figo: The new- Figo is among the most stylish hatchbacks on sale today. What’s more, it is also big on safety, with six airbags with ABS & EBD, especially on the top end variant.
2. Figo Aspire: From styling to powerful, yet fuel efficient engines, the Aspire has it all. But it is the twin-airbags that are offered as standard across the range along with ABS & EBD as well, that make it one of the top 10 safest cars under 10 lakhs.
3. Ford EcoSport: The compact-SUV with safety on its mind, the EcoSport offers curtain and side airbags, in addition to the dual-front airbags to make it one safe cocoon whilst on the road.
4. Toyota Liva: A simple hatchback that’s backed by Toyota’s legendary reliability promise, the Liva offers dual air-bags for the front passengers and ABS as standard as well.
5. Toyota Etios: The compact sedan that wears the famed Toyota badge, the Etios is known for its bulletproof reliability and cabin space. It gets ABS and twin airbags at the front.
6. Hyundai Elite i20: Hyundai’s success story in the hatchback segment, the i20 may is still among the top 10 safest cars under 10 lakhs.
7. Hyundai i20 Active: With its chunky, distinctive styling and crossover looks, the i20 Active commands attention everywhere it goes. It gets airbags for the passengers up-front along with ABS and EBD as well.
8. Volkswagen Polo: The Volkswagen Polo comes with the legendary German engineering promise. A rigid body-body shell, Anti-lock brakes and electronic brake distribution together with twin-airbags for the passengers in the front seat makes it one safe hatch.
9. Volkswagen Vento: The sedan that reminds you of its quality heritage with every drive, the Vento comes with a raft of active & passive safety systems that makes it one of the safest cars in India.
10. Skoda Rapid: Like its elder sibling, the Octavia, the Rapid too features great engineering, top levels of safety and a brace of exciting engines in one refined package.
The top 10 safest cars under 10 lakhs above are proof that the Indian approach to buying cars is maturing, and the focus on motoring safety in only going to get stronger with time.