The pace of new car launches in India has been relentless in the past couple of years. All this has brought about much to cheer for buyers looking to own a shiny set of wheels. But did you know that this has also boosted the demand for used cars in India?
Here’s a list of 10 best used cars below 3 lakhs that can be purchased in the country today.
• Maruti Alto: The Alto is a best-seller many times over in the new car market, and it also happens to be a hot buy when going used. The catch, getting an example that’s been well cared for.
• Honda Brio: The Brio didn’t quite take off, as well as the company hoped. Which means a perfectly good car can be had for a relative steal. Prices hover at about 2-2.5 lakhs on average.
• Chevrolet Beat: The Beat may have a tiny boot, but it is big on style & its petrol engine is surprisingly peppy. Perfect for a city runabout at 2 lakhs.
• WagonR: It is another winner from the Maruti stable & buyers of used cars in India seem to agree too. Stay away from private taxi examples though.
• Fiat Linea: Fiat is known for its tank like build & magic ride quality, and there are the older Linea cars below 3 lakhs, for the discerning enthusiasts.
• Ford Fiesta : It is another great buy when going used. The 1.6 may be a bit thirsty, but the handling & power will make you smile.
• Honda City: The 1st-gen Honda City was known to be a driver’s delight and that 1.5 litre VTEC motor had to be driven to be believed. Search hard & you just might be a lucky owner.
• Honda Civic: Like the City, the Civic too set the pace with its road dynamics & performance. A tuners favourite, there’s quite a few examples to be found around the 3 Lakh mark.
• Toyota Corolla: It is an underrated gem among used cars in India. You can easily get the first generation model for 2-2.25 lakhs.
• Volkswagen Polo: It is another great buy among cars below 3 lakhs. There’s plenty of two-three year models with low mileage waiting to be found.
The lure of lateral upgrades is quite strong when going used, but remember, that while the purchase cost may be lower, the maintenance costs are still going to be the same. So choose well, and drive happy!