Call it a fall-out of rising road congestion or increasing preference for driving convenience, automobile buyers are veering away from manual gearboxes with each passing year. So if you’re one who is in the same boat, then here’s a list of popular automatic hatchbacks on sale today:
1. Tata Nano: The Tata Nano Easy Shift edition is the cheapest of hatchback cars with AMT that one can buy today. For that kind of pricing, you get the unique Nano styling along with several practical improvements to the design & functionality of the car.
2. Maruti Alto K10: The Maruti Alto needs little introduction. The country’s highest selling car takes convenience to the next level with the Auto Gear Shift option, making it perhaps, the best automatic hatchback cars to buy in the segment.
3. Maruti Celerio: The Celerio is a large hatch with mature styling and matching ride quality to boot. Everything feels built to last & it is one of the top 10 cars on sale today that come with an auto-gearshift option.
4. Maruti WagonR: The original Japanese tall-boy is a veritable veteran in the industry. Having successfully outlasted the competition, the WagonR now also comes with an AMT option making the driving experience even more effortless.
5. Hyundai Grand i10: Offering a premium experience in the segment, the Grand i10 has been a rousing success for Hyundai. That smooth shifting 4-speed automatic transmission, is what makes it one of the best automatic hatchback cars on sale today.
6. Honda Brio: The Brio is in our opinion, one of the most underrated automatic hatchbacks on sale today. A sublime petrol motor & that legendary Honda ownership experience are enough reasons to choose the car.
7. Ford Figo: The New Ford Figo is comes with all the bells & whistles becoming its premium positioning. What makes it all the more special, is that delectable twin clutch automatic option that’s offered with the 1.5 litre petrol motor along with other goodies such as hill-start assist, traction control & Electronic Stability Program.
8. Volkswagen Polo: The Volkswagen Polo GT tops the list of best automatic cars on sale today & helping it keep the crown is that ultra-special 7-speed automatic DSG transmission which comes paired with the 1.2 TSI motor making for a potent little hatchback.
9. Honda Jazz: The Honda Jazz in its second coming has proved to be as futuristic as its earlier outing. Imitating the City’s interiors, it comes with better cabin utilization and the practical convenience of automatic transmission.
10. Mahindra E2o: The E2o is the country’s most unique auto-hatch thanks to all-electric propulsion system & zero tail-pipe emissions. Drive it to believe it!