The prime auto maker of India, Tata Motors is acknowledged for its pragmatic approach and creativity in its vehicles. Be it utility or commercial segment, the company has always delighted the nation with its vast portfolio. Not much time has passed when the company introduced its iconic entry level hatchback – Tata Nano. This small car was launched during late 2009 and since then, concerned buyers have had a penchant for its sleek design and efficient engine. With a base price of just above Rs. 1 lakh, Tata Nano was equipped with all the necessary features that make a car drivable.
At present, Tata Nano is available in a petrol variant along with the option of a company-fitted CNG kit. It is incorporated with a 2-cylinder Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC) engine, which has a displacement of 624 cc. It churns a power output of more than 36 bhp with a peak torque of almost 51 Nm. This mill is mated with a 4-speed manual transmission, which delivers all the energy to its rear wheels. With an Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) tested mileage of 25.4 kmpl, this car is a decent on-road performer and a favourable option for those who look for economical automobiles.
Maintenance Tips for Tata Nano
Tata Nano can be purchased in the price bracket of Rs. 1.40 Lakh – Rs. 2.55 Lakh and is considered an optimal choice for budget-oriented buyers. Although, this car is cost-effective and demands low maintenance, there are a few guidelines that can be employed to make it more durable and sustainable. These maintenance tips are as follows:
- Tata Nano is available with 3 free services from the company's service centres and these are valid up to 20000 km or 2 years. The car should be taken on regular service check-ups to ensure that the fluids (brake oil, engine oil) are changed in interludes. Furthermore, the tyre inflation, front and rear lights, belts and other features should be checked time after time.
- Wax polish can be used to retain the shine of the car's exterior paint and interior dashboard plastic as both of these tend to loose their lustre after a given time. Proper dry-cleaning of the fabric upholstery can also be done to keep the car new as ever. Owners are also advised to use a clean and soft cloth to wipe the dust from the car as these tiny particles can cause small scratches.
- The mid-range and high-end variants of Tata Nano have the feature of an air conditioning unit. Auto experts duly advise that the AC of the car should be switched off during any stoppage as the overall performance and mileage of the car gets enhanced.
- The clutch plates are a sensitive part of any car and the same is followed in Tata Nano. It is recommended that the clutch of the car should not be used excessively during acceleration as it hampers the plate in long run. Also, it is advised that the small capacity engine of this car might bear slight damages if acceleration is done constantly or one tries to achieve high-speed.
- An important tip to keep in mind is that the basic kit of the car should be checked before leaving on a long journey. The car jack along with other tools should be kept in the boot as these come handy during a flat tyre situation or any small mechanical defect, which can be solved manually.