Compare Cars In India
The Indian auto industry consists of a plethora of cars and brands, therefore making it extremely difficult for a novice to understand what the best available option to suit his preferences are. Not only novices, even those individuals considering buying a new car, as an alternative to their earlier model find this process to be a difficult one, as all cars are have unique styles and varied features. Given below is some generic information, which individuals can refer to for choosing a car that largely caters to their preferences.
Which auto maker should one consider before buying a new car, domestic or foreign?
The decision depends on the presence of a car maker in the country. The biggest difference between domestic and foreign car makers for an individual trying to make a decision is sourcing the spare parts of its car models. Many a time, foreign companies launch new and appealing models in the country but get delay delivering their spare parts effectively. This is an unwanted service gap for the car buyer, but they do not have much of a choice. As a result, the maintenance cost of the vehicle surges, making it heavy on the buyer’s pockets.
On the other hand, the offerings of domestic brands are not only cheaper, but the after-sales-support is also remarkably fast and effective. Spare parts of locally made car models are easily available and economical in terms of pricing.
Are factors like power and performance relevant while considering which car to buy?
Power plays a significant role in performance, as it is one of the main elements of an engine’s output. The performance of any car depends on the production potential and emissions of its powertrain. In terms of technical specifications, output stands for power and the torque generation capacity of an engine. If the engine of a car has decent power and torque output as well as an acceptable mileage, when evaluated against other cars of the same segment, the car will be considered as a performance oriented one.
Both the factors are equally weighty, if the driver is a speed aficionado and demands edge-of-the-seat thrills.
In normal driving conditions, which car is a better option; petrol or diesel?
his depends primarily on the car’s usage, more specifically the daily distance covered. If the car buyer travels around 10-15 km a day, then a petrol car will be the best option for him/her. However, if the daily distance travelled is more than 30 km a day, diesel car will be a better option. The idea is to try and attain a break-even in the initial cost incurred and the maintenance of both the vehicles.
Petrol cars are cheaper and demand less maintenance than diesel ones. However, diesel engine cars are relatively more fuel efficient than petrol models.
Select two or more cars of your choice and see how they rank on price, features, performance and more.
Mahindra Verito Vibe vs Maruti Suzuki New Swift DZire
by Aditya Chatterjee
June 20, 2013
Popular Car Comparisons
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Recent Car Comparisons
- Hyundai i20 Magna Petrol and Hyundai i20 Magna(O) Petrol
- Volvo S80 3.2 and Bentley Mulsanne V8
- Nissan Micra XV Diesel and Skoda Laura Ambition 1.8 TSI
- Chevrolet Beat 1.0 TCDi Diesel and Tata Indigo eCS LX TDi BS3
- Porsche Panamera S and Porsche Panamera 4S
- Maruti Suzuki Alto LXI BS-IV and Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXi
- Mitsubishi Cedia Sports and Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3L MULTIJET Diesel
- Maruti Suzuki Alto LXI CNG and Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 VXi
- Fiat Grande Punto 2012 Sport 1.3 and Ford Figo Duratec Petrol LXI 1.2
- Toyota Corolla Altis Aero Limited Edition Petrol and Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 LTZ AT BS4
- BMW X1 sDrive20d and BMW X1 sDrive20d Innovation
- Mahindra Bolero ZLX BS3 and Mahindra Bolero DI BS3
- Force Motors Force One 2.2 and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VDI BS IV
- Renault Duster RxL Diesel 110PS and Renault Duster RxZ Diesel 110PS Option Pack with Nav
- Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4x4 AT and Toyota Fortuner 4x2 MT FY
- Maruti Suzuki New Swift DZire LXI and Hyundai Accent Executive
Get complete details of new cars
Rs. 5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs