Compare Cars In India
The Indian auto industry consists of a plethora of cars and brands, therefore making it extremely difficult for a novice to understand what the best available option to suit his preferences are. Not only novices, even those individuals considering buying a new car, as an alternative to their earlier model find this process to be a difficult one, as all cars are have unique styles and varied features. Given below is some generic information, which individuals can refer to for choosing a car that largely caters to their preferences.
Which auto maker should one consider before buying a new car, domestic or foreign?
The decision depends on the presence of a car maker in the country. The biggest difference between domestic and foreign car makers for an individual trying to make a decision is sourcing the spare parts of its car models. Many a time, foreign companies launch new and appealing models in the country but get delay delivering their spare parts effectively. This is an unwanted service gap for the car buyer, but they do not have much of a choice. As a result, the maintenance cost of the vehicle surges, making it heavy on the buyer’s pockets.
On the other hand, the offerings of domestic brands are not only cheaper, but the after-sales-support is also remarkably fast and effective. Spare parts of locally made car models are easily available and economical in terms of pricing.
Are factors like power and performance relevant while considering which car to buy?
Power plays a significant role in performance, as it is one of the main elements of an engine’s output. The performance of any car depends on the production potential and emissions of its powertrain. In terms of technical specifications, output stands for power and the torque generation capacity of an engine. If the engine of a car has decent power and torque output as well as an acceptable mileage, when evaluated against other cars of the same segment, the car will be considered as a performance oriented one.
Both the factors are equally weighty, if the driver is a speed aficionado and demands edge-of-the-seat thrills.
In normal driving conditions, which car is a better option; petrol or diesel?
his depends primarily on the car’s usage, more specifically the daily distance covered. If the car buyer travels around 10-15 km a day, then a petrol car will be the best option for him/her. However, if the daily distance travelled is more than 30 km a day, diesel car will be a better option. The idea is to try and attain a break-even in the initial cost incurred and the maintenance of both the vehicles.
Petrol cars are cheaper and demand less maintenance than diesel ones. However, diesel engine cars are relatively more fuel efficient than petrol models.
Select two or more cars of your choice and see how they rank on price, features, performance and more.
Mahindra Verito Vibe with Maruti Suzuki New Swift DZire
by Aditya Chatterjee
June 20, 2013
Popular Car Comparisons
Most Popular Car Brands Comparison
All Other Car Brands Comparison
Recent Car Comparisons
- Premier Rio Plus Lx and Hindustan Motors Ambassador Grand 2000 DSZ PW CL
- Force Motors Force One 2.2 and Bentley Continental Flying Spur Sedan
- Tata Indica V2 Xeta eGLS BS-IV and Porsche Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic
- Toyota Etios Liva D-4D TRD Sportivo and Mahindra Reva e2o T2
- Isuzu DMAX Space Cab Flat Deck and Volkswagen Phaeton 3.6L
- Ford EcoSport 1.0 Eco Boost Titanium (MT) Petrol and Maybach 57 S Sedan
- Renault Duster RxL Petrol and Bentley Arnage R
- Mahindra Reva e2o T0 and Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Quattro
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Convertible and Skoda Laura Active 1.8 TSI
- Ssangyong Rexton RX6 MT and Ferrari FF 6.3L V12
- ICML Rhino Rx Winner CRDfi AC M/Stg 10-Str BS-IV and Ferrari FF 6.3L V12
- Honda City Old 1.5 EXi (New) and Ashok Leyland Stile LX 7 STR Alloy
- Volkswagen Passat 2.0L MT Trendline Diesel and Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Convertible
- Ssangyong Rexton RX7 AT and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
- Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and MINI Cooper S 1.6
- Mahindra Reva e2o T0 and Hindustan Motors Ambassador Classic 1800 ISZ MPFI AC
Get complete details of new cars
Rs. 5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs