XUV 500 Hybrid diplayed at the Auto Expo 2014
Mahindra has unveiled its much talked about XUV 500 Hybrid during the ongoing 2014 Auto Expo event. As per sources, the SUV is the world's first diesel hybrid car in the world. From a technological perspective, this is a giant leap forward from the Indian car-maker. The Hybrid version is definitely welcome especially from Mahindra's hot-selling XUV line of SUV's.
The Hybrid version of XUV 500 is powered by Lithium ion battery as well as a diesel fuel type engine. The electric motor assists the diesel powered engine while accelerating and regenerative braking pattern is used to recharge the batteries as and when the brakes are applied. Technologically the car boasts of interesting advanced features like a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. Its fuel economy rating is definitely on the positive side.
Pravin Shah, the chief executive (automotive division) said, “We are trying to build brand Mahindra globally. There will be a variety of vehicles under the electric platform. Various things we do surrounding one big activity that is in true sense a representative of our true DNA.” The car on display at the event featured a transparent hood, whereas overall major design changes have not been implemented. The new hybrid SUV seems to be the only reliever from the ever increasing fuel prices in the country.
- Mercedes Benz to launch GLA and CLA variants this fiscal
- Buzz: Honda contemplates Jazz RS variant for India
- DSK Hyosung hoping to enlarge its footprint in India
- New Hyundai i20 expected to be launched on 15th August, 2014
- Tough MUV Competitors - Honda Mobilio Vs Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Toyota Innova
- Mahindra e2o expected to be launched with Power Steering Soon
- Jaguar XE, the most frugal offering from Jaguar till date
- 2014 Volkswagen Jetta coming this year