XUV 500 Hybrid diplayed at the Auto Expo 2014
Mahindra has unveiled its much talked about XUV 500 Hybrid during the ongoing 2014 Auto Expo event. As per sources, the SUV is the world's first diesel hybrid car in the world. From a technological perspective, this is a giant leap forward from the Indian car-maker. The Hybrid version is definitely welcome especially from Mahindra's hot-selling XUV line of SUV's.
The Hybrid version of XUV 500 is powered by Lithium ion battery as well as a diesel fuel type engine. The electric motor assists the diesel powered engine while accelerating and regenerative braking pattern is used to recharge the batteries as and when the brakes are applied. Technologically the car boasts of interesting advanced features like a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. Its fuel economy rating is definitely on the positive side.
Pravin Shah, the chief executive (automotive division) said, “We are trying to build brand Mahindra globally. There will be a variety of vehicles under the electric platform. Various things we do surrounding one big activity that is in true sense a representative of our true DNA.” The car on display at the event featured a transparent hood, whereas overall major design changes have not been implemented. The new hybrid SUV seems to be the only reliever from the ever increasing fuel prices in the country.
- Third generation Skoda Superb likely to be launched in India in second half of 2016
- Polaris reportedly exploring possibilities for Indian Motorcyle brand assembly in India
- Limited edition Nissan Terrano Groove only for Rs. 11.45 Lakhs, a good preposition in SUV segment
- Mahindra plans to launch Ssangyong Tivoli in India
- Renault Lodgy offers seven different variants to choose from
- Datsun Redi-Go based hatchback likely to debut at 2016 Delhi Auto Show
- Hyundai ix25 spotted testing, launch in festive season
- Porsche announces recall over cooling system risk in its 918 Spyder