Volvo’s World Golf Challenge India 2012 reaches Coimbatore
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volvo Auto India, the Indian unit of the Sweden based luxury car maker Volvo, has brought their popular 'Volvo World Golf Challenge' (VWGC) in the city of Coimbatore.
Mr Ragavendar Naidu was announced as the winner with 37 points in the Handicap Category 0–12. At the same time, in the Handicap Category 13-24, Mr. T S Krishnakumar was announced as winner with total 33 points.
Speaking on the occasion, Volvo Auto India Marketing and PR Director, Mr. Sudeep Narayan said, "We are delighted to bring the Volvo World Golf Challenge to South India. The competition was close and it was a pleasure to see the golfers sweat it out to win the specially-designed work of art trophy, "The Blu Lotus" created exclusively for the VWGC India by renowned blown glass artist Atul Bakshi.”
It is to be mentioned here that the company had organized the first tournament of VWGC in Chandigarh in June 2013. In that event, with 38 points in the Handicap Category 0-12, Mr. H S Kang was declared a winner. While Col J S Kang was winner in the 13-24 Handicap Category with 35 points.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volvo begins production of new four-cylinder engines
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Volvo India to launch its V40 crossover in June this year
- Volvo Auto India opens its first store in Bangalore
- Volvo Auto aims at 15 per cent share in Indian luxury car market
- Volvo Auto India sets a sales target of 1,200 units for 2013
- Volvo cars planning to set up an assembly unit in India
- Volvo Auto India pushes the launch of its V40 crossover till June 2013
- Volvo Auto India wishes to sell 20,000 units annually in the next 5 years
- Volvo looking to increase sales volume in India
- Volvo India anticipates 35 per cent growth in 2013
- Volvo manufactures world's fourth most reliable engines
- Volvo starts 2013 on a successful note; posts three-fold increase in sales
- Volvo Auto India sales double to 821 units during 2012 calendar year