Volvo reveals the official details of S60 Polestar Concept
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volvo, the Sweden based automaker, has officially released the details and specifications of the S60 Polestar concept and is expected to initiate limited production driven by the customer response.
The compact executive sedan, Volvo S60Polestar is a performance concept car developed by the Volvo Cars Official Motorsport and Performance partner Polestar and the basic idea behind its development was to blend the genuine Volvo driving experience with powerful engine performance.
Mr. Christian Dahl, Founder and CEO at Polestar, said while disclosing the details, "The car we present is yet another result of our close co-operation were Polestar's motorsport and performance experience is combined with Volvo's in-depth knowledge about the car and its technology."
He further added, "Polestar's heart and soul is motorsport and our main focus is to deliver the absolute best results for Volvo on the track. But over the years we have also seen a significant increase in demand for Volvo performance cars and parts and naturally we want to respond to this."
Volvo S60 Polestar is powered with 3.0-litre T6 straight-six motor comprising modified combustion chambers, conrods and inlet manifold effectively tuned with Garrett 3171 turbocharger capable of delivering a peak power of 508bhp and 424lb ft of top torque. The car is tuned to accelerate from a standstill to 100 kmph in just 3.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 300 kmph. Fabricated with enhanced anti-roll bars, engine mounts and cross members, the S60 Polestar is enabled to boost exponentially high power.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volvo V40 to take on Mercedes-Benz A-Class soon in India
- Volvo begins production of new four-cylinder engines
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Volvo India to launch its V40 crossover in June this year
- Volvo Auto India opens its first store in Bangalore
- Volvo Auto aims at 15 per cent share in Indian luxury car market
- Volvo Auto India sets a sales target of 1,200 units for 2013
- Volvo cars planning to set up an assembly unit in India
- Volvo Auto India pushes the launch of its V40 crossover till June 2013
- Volvo Auto India wishes to sell 20,000 units annually in the next 5 years
- Volvo looking to increase sales volume in India
- Volvo India anticipates 35 per cent growth in 2013
- Volvo manufactures world's fourth most reliable engines
- Volvo starts 2013 on a successful note; posts three-fold increase in sales