Volkswagen to give a minor mid-cycle facelift to Polo hatchback
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volkswagen India Private Limited, the Indian arm of the German based auto giant is anticipated to launch a rejuvenated version of its flagship premium hatchback, Volkswagen Polo in the Indian auto market. Since India is a mass market for the hatchback segment cars, Volkswagen is spearheading to infuse the existing Polo with a mid-cycle facelift and thereby, sustain the challenge of launching the hatchback for the right segment at a right price.
As per sources, the automaker will update the subcompact hatchback both on interior and exterior fronts but will restrict the rejuvenation to cosmetic changes. Volkswagen Polo is expected to don a sportive stance with the new black inserts on its headlamps and revamped designing induced on the alloy wheels.
Moreover, on the interiors, the basic variant of the new Polo will be embodying an all new music system head-unit with USB and Bluetooth connectivity. The higher end variant of this updated Polo will in addition, be fabricated with unique and modern steering-mounted audio controls, which is gradually being titled as a standard feature in various model in the premium hatchback segment. Volkswagen brand enthusiasts in the country can expect the launch of the refreshed Polo soon.
Volkswagen is also planning to launch an automatic petrol variant of the Polo hatchback in a bid to prioritise customer’s preference by offering easy and convenient driving through the highly congested traffic on the Indian roads. The automatic petrol variant of Volkswagen Polo will have to face stiff competition from Hyundai i20, the only premium hatchback with automatic transmission in India.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility