Volkswagen passenger vehicle sales globally jumps by 10.2 percent in the first half of 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volkswagen, the passenger cars brand and the bestselling marque of the Germany based Volkswagen Group has reported to have delivered 2.79 million vehicles globally during the period January to June 2012 showcasing a growth by over 10.2 percent. In a year ago period, the worldwide sales recorded totalled to 2.53 million vehicles.
The automaker tallied high sales volume for the month of June this year with sales standing at 498,600 units catapulting from 438,400 units in last June marking a growth by over 13.7 percent.
Mr. Christian Klingler, Board Member for Sales & Marketing, Volkswagen Group and Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand, was quoted as saying, "The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand developed well in the first half of the year despite the difficult situation in Western Europe. However, there is still considerable uncertainty in Europe which will continue into the second half of the year."
Despite of various constraints arising in the European markets, the automaker reported 3.1 percent surge in its deliveries in Southern Europe that rose from 881,000 vehicles sold in first half of 2011 to 907,900 vehicles sold during the corresponding period this year. While deliveries in Western Europe showcased a decline by 4.7 percent, the sales in Eastern and Central Europe plunged up drastically by 45.2 percent.
In the Asia-Pacific region, the sales attained during the first six months witnessed a hike by an impressive 15 percent with the sale of 1.09 million vehicles. While in China, the sales scored by the brand were 982,600 units rising by 15.2 percent during the relevant period. In the American continent, the sales totalled at 295,300 vehicles in North America surging by 24.2 percent and 390,900 vehicles in South America plunging up by 4 percent.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility
- Volkswagen Polo to get the TSI engine, Indian launch expected soon