Volkswagen passenger car sales surge by 10.4 percent globally
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The passenger car arm of the German automaker, Volkswagen AG has disclosed its sales figures for the period January to July 2012 showcasing an impressive catapult of 10.4 percent globally. The sales during the period under review were recorded at 3.26 million vehicles as compared to the sale of 2.95 million vehicles scored during the same period last year.
Despite of adverse market conditions persisting in the whole of Europe, the sales in the month of July witnessed a hike of 11.9 percent with major contribution from Central and Eastern Europe. The global sales in July 2012 stood at 4,68,300 vehicles as compared to 4,18,600 units sold in the concerned month last year.
In the European continent, the sales registered in the first seven months of the current year were 1.05 million vehicles surging by 2.5 percent as compared to the same period in 2011. However, the contradiction to the rising sales was made by the sales recorded in Western Europe that saw a dip of 5 percent in sales.
The Central and Eastern European markets showed highly positive response for Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand evident with the 40.4 percent surge in sales quantum. The sales in its parent country, Germany was tallied at 3,61,400 units rising by 2.5 percent in comparison to the sales during the period under review in 2011.
In the American market, the sales in North America surged by 23.4 percent from 2,80,900 vehicle to 3,46,700 vehicles, while the sales in South America jumped by an average 6.4 percent during the period under review. In the Asia-Pacific market, the total sales increased by 15.1 percent with the major sales driven by its largest market in the region, China to the tune of 1.14 million vehicles.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- General Motors India to hike prices by 1.5 per cent from first week of June
- Launch of new Land Rover Defender postponed till 2015
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Datsun to launch 5 new models in India, first will be a hatchback
- Mahindra Verito Vibe to begin new chapter for the utility vehicle maker in India
- Bajaj Auto eying the launch of new models in Discover and Pulsar series
- LPG and CNG kits to soon come with warranty
- Sahil International signs up Hrithik Roshan as the new face of Ground Zero
- Exploding car bombs in Makhachkala killed 3 and wounded over 20
- Several Shia and Sunni Muslims killed during car bombings in Iraq
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Harley Davidson India introduces 24x7 Road Assistance Program
- Shrinking fuel price differential boosts demand for petrol vehicles in India