Volkswagen Indias sales surge over 1000% in year 2010
The Indian unit of German auto giant Volkswagen has registered a massive 10 fold jump in its sales in calendar year 2010. The company sold a total of 32,627 units of its cars during this month as compared to 3,039 units sold in year 2009.
The Volkswagen’s latest mass segment cars – Polo and Vento – accounted for over 80 percent of company’s total sales to 27,946 units during this month.
As per a statement given by Volkswagen Group Sales India Director (Passenger Cars) Neeraj Garg, "We are extremely delighted with the response received for our products. This reflects the growing customer confidence towards the Volkswagen carline."
Both Polo and Vento are highly competitive models and giving a tough fight to their competitors in their respective segments. The hatchback Volkswagen Polo is competing with the likes of Maruti Swift, Ford Figo, Nissan Micra, Chevrolet Beat and Fiat Punto. On the other hand, the Volkswagen Vento sedan is competing with the likes of Maruti Swift Dzire, Toyota Etios, Ford Fiesta and Fiat Linea.
Moreover, the company has enhanced its sales & service network to 70 dealers from existing 40 dealers last year. The company is eying to grab as much as 10% share of the Indian auto market by year 2015, by launching a series of new car models in the Indian market.
- Tata Manza and Aria launched in Ghana
- Porsche launches Boxter and Cayman in GTS guise at 2014 Beijing Motor Show
- Launched: Range Rover Hybrid Long Wheelbase at Beijing Motor Show
- Datsun Go+ expected to be launched in India sometime soon
- Hyundai Eon Magna 1.0 launched at Rs. 3.85 lakhs
- Honda CBR 150R expected to receive a facelift
- Tata Motors is developing new products for domestic market
- Fiat Punto facelift, Avventura Nepal launch by mid-September