Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Maruti Suzuki India sells 1,10,776 cars in August 2014
- Petrol gets cheaper by Rs. 1.82, diesel prices go up by 50 paise
- Will a face-lift help Skoda revive failed Yeti SUV in India?
- Maruti Ciaz official bookings to begin from September 3, launch imminent
- New Suzuki Hayate with Cosmetic Changes set to be launched during Festive Season
- KTM RC 200 and RC 390 Prices Leaked - Tagged at Rs. 1.72 lakh and Rs. 2.4 lakh respectively
- Isuzu to Launch RU30 in 2016, Set to Compete Innova
- Harley-Davidson to introduce Freewheeler trike, below the fully-loaded Tri Glide