Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Ducati launches Monster Stripe variants
- 2015 Audi Q7 might launch sometime in November 2015
- Bank of Maharashtra cuts down the base rate by 25 Base points to 10%, car loans more affordable
- Sachin Tendulkar's love for driving fast cars gives 'headache' for his wife
- Volkswagen expected to launch India-specific sedan next year
- Toyota dealers emerge most satisfied in comparison to other auto companies
- Hyundai's 2016 Santa Fe snapped undisguised in Korea
- Daimler India invests Rs. 425 Crore and inaugurates new bus plant near Chennai, India