Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Mahindra Scorpio facelift coming on September 25, details inside
- New Honda Accord in works, launch expected in 2015
- Refreshingly new Ford Figo launched for Rs. 3.87 Lakhs in India
- Hyundai India launches Grand i10 Limited Edition Sportz to thrill its fans in India
- Diesel car owners in India would have to wait around 6 years to justify car premium
- Renault Lodgy MPV India launch likely in early 2015
- Limited Edition Vespa Elegante Set to Hit the Markets tomorrow
- Triumph Thunderbird LT set to be launched on 18th September