Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Hyundai Elantra marks its popularity in global markets with 10 Million sales achievement
- BMW achieves a new milestone on crossing 40,000 units production mark from its Chennai Plant
- Karizma ZMR Vs Karizma R - A Competitive Comparison
- Honda Two-Wheeler gets its 800th Dealer
- Hero Splendor makes it back to 'Top-Selling Bike in India'
- Fiat ready to launch Abarth 595 Competizione in India
- Dealers of Turkey get a first glance over the Bajaj Pulsar SS200
- Citi Bike finally gains much due the attention of people