Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Mercedes Benz India registers 25 per cent growth in first six months of 2014
- Tata Motors - Revotron 1.2T engine potential revealed
- Tata Zest production begins, launch round the corner
- Indian Motorcycles set to re-launch Roadmaster in 2015
- Audi A3 launch next week, bookings open from 1st August for Rs. 3.5 Lakhs
- Festive season set for multiple two-wheeler launches
- New Bajaj Discover 150 S to be launched at booking price of INR 500
- Honda Aviator and TVS Wego: Two top scooters of Indian market