Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Hyundai, Renault to Lure Buyers With AMT Equipped Cars
- Special beach bike launched to stop infiltration from Sri Lanka
- Maruti Suzuki reports impressive Q4 net profits impressively at 60.5% to Rs 1,284 cr
- Hyundai and Renault likely to get AMT technology, Grand i10 to be first to receive it
- Tata's upcoming cars in India - Glade and Boom
- Tata Hexa SUV likely to be launched with an automatic transmission
- Ford Aspire might lead the compact sedan space
- Bajaj Auto looking forward to establish its second unit at Chakan