Volkswagen India ready to localize upcoming hatchback UP!
The Indian unit of the Germany based leading car maker Volkswagen AG has reportedly started the localization of their upcoming small hatchback UP! in the Indian market. The Europe’s largest car maker is looking forward to achieve higher localization content in the manufacturing of this popular compact hatchback, so that it can be priced competitively against rivals in the country.
The speculations of the launch of this car have been doing rounds in the Indian market for more than a year now. However, the speculation got confirmed early this year when a test mule of the UP! model spotted testing on the Indian roads. However, the German parent of the company is yet to take a final call on the launch of this car in the Indian market.
Volkswagen UP! model is currently being sold in petrol and electric versions. The 1.0L engine of the car is available in two power output options including a 59 Bhp and a 74 Bhp variant. The highly efficient engines of the car are available in both five speed manual and a semi-automatic gearbox.
- Tata Motors reports 10.69% rise in sales in February
- Tata motors offers Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) for 16000 workers in India
- Tata Motors plans to launch performance brand by year end
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class facelift India launch on March 11, 2015
- Maruti Suzuki India reports 8.7% rise in sales for February
- Hyundai announces recall of over 2,00,00 Elantras due to power steering defect
- Skoda rejigs top management to boost sales
- MRF introduces new tyres for KTM Duke 390 and RC390 bikes