Volkswagen India determined to attain dual fold growth in dealership network by 2015
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
While the competition is brewing in the Indian auto market, strategies are being chalked out by the car makers to outrival the other with either rejuvenation of existing portfolio or dealer network expansion. Following this trajectory, Volkswagen India has announced to actualise the set target of two fold augmentation in its dealership network base to be attained by the year 2015.
The German automaker has at present a vast network of 200 dealers and plans have been streamlined to establish 50 to 60 new dealerships annually for the next few years in a bid to branch out its reach to each corner of the country.
Currently, the company owns a single centralised spare parts depot at Aurangabad in the country and is aiming to decentralise the set up to accommodate new spare parts centre in major cities.
Mr. Dietmar Hildebrandt, Director Group Service, Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited, affirmed that the car maker has proposed to open spare parts centre in Mumbai and Delhi.
Since the company has highly prioritised rendering efficient customer service, focus has been laid on imparting effective training to the technicians. The company is missioned to provide 20,000 training man days in the current calendar year and 35,000 training man days in 2013.
Volkswagen India is gearing to establish training centres in Bangalore and Kolkata to be operative from September adding to the current count of one regional training centre located at Chandigarh.
The automaker has entered into an agreement with Geedee Technical Training Institute for imparting training of the Volkswagen developed course, VG-TAP (Volkswagen Group-Technik Ausbildungs Programme). It presently has 9 centres, planned to be swelled to 12 centres by the end of 2012 and to 25 centres by 2015.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility