Volkswagen Group gives thumbs up for promoting eco-friendly production technologies
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volkswagen Group has joined the global league of automakers dedicated towards promoting sustainable development with the launch of eco-friendly and fuel efficient technologies in its vehicles for which huge investments are being planned.
The ecological restructuring was given thumbs up by this German automotive group at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show. With setting up new sustainable targets coupled with the planned investment of over 66 percent of company’s five-yearly investment of €62.4 billion separately secured for this initiative, the firm will be implementing the most modern environment friendly mechanisms at all of its plants on the global front.
The Chairman, Volkswagen Group Board of Management, Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn said at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, "We are raising the bar much higher when it comes to sustainability." He further announced, "As a result, emissions by the Volkswagen Group fleet in 2015 will be below the important threshold of 120 grams CO2 per kilometer for the first time."
As far as the set targets are concerned, Mr. Winterkorn commented, "Volkswagen is not only working on developing the most environmentally-friendly vehicles, but also on building them with the greatest possible sustainability. That is why we have set ourselves the target of making production in the Volkswagen Group 25 percent more environmentally compatible by 2018."
With ensuring optimum utilization of available green resources, the world’s second largest auto giant is aiming high to achieve 40 percent decrease in greenhouse gas emissions in production related operations by the year 2020 and will promote greater use of renewable energy resources.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility