Volkswagen Group gives thumbs up for promoting eco-friendly production technologies
Volkswagen Group has joined the global league of automakers dedicated towards promoting sustainable development with the launch of eco-friendly and fuel efficient technologies in its vehicles for which huge investments are being planned.
The ecological restructuring was given thumbs up by this German automotive group at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show. With setting up new sustainable targets coupled with the planned investment of over 66 percent of company’s five-yearly investment of €62.4 billion separately secured for this initiative, the firm will be implementing the most modern environment friendly mechanisms at all of its plants on the global front.
The Chairman, Volkswagen Group Board of Management, Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn said at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, "We are raising the bar much higher when it comes to sustainability." He further announced, "As a result, emissions by the Volkswagen Group fleet in 2015 will be below the important threshold of 120 grams CO2 per kilometer for the first time."
As far as the set targets are concerned, Mr. Winterkorn commented, "Volkswagen is not only working on developing the most environmentally-friendly vehicles, but also on building them with the greatest possible sustainability. That is why we have set ourselves the target of making production in the Volkswagen Group 25 percent more environmentally compatible by 2018."
With ensuring optimum utilization of available green resources, the world’s second largest auto giant is aiming high to achieve 40 percent decrease in greenhouse gas emissions in production related operations by the year 2020 and will promote greater use of renewable energy resources.
- India-made Hyundai Xcent makes its way to Mexican market
- Honda India celebrates its 40th anniversary with Iconic Honda Gold Wing - GL1800
- Honda marks 300 Million motorcycle production achievement with Gold Wing
- New BMW M4 Coupe Vs Audi RS5 Vs Mercedes C63 AMG
- New BMW M3 sedan Vs Audi S4-Spec comparison
- Audi A3 Cabriolet launch date is December 11, 2014
- Ssangyong Tivoli is the production-spec X100 compact SUV
- Pioneer India launches new range of in-car entertainment audio products