Volkswagen Group felicitates with 28 percent growth in sales in May 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volkswagen, the German auto marque, recorded decent sales in May 2012 with a growth rate of 28 per cent. Since its presence from 1973, May 2012 has proved to be most lucrative period for the company. During the tenure, the company delivered 38,657 units with a growth rate of 28.4 per cent. The surge in sales is mainly driven by Volkswagen Passat, which crossed the 10,000 mark for the third consecutive month in a row with sales figures of 10,178 units. Following the league of success, the sales of Volkswagen Jetta stood at 12,962 units.
The growth rate of Volkswagen on year-over-year (YOY) basis stood at 35.7 per cent, which was fairly impressive for the company’s global outlook. With decent sales, Volkswagen also rejoiced with the feedback received from the customers in lieu of company’s wide product portfolio that offers performance oriented vehicles. The vehicles offered by Volkswagen are also highly appreciated for their unmatched fuel economy throughout the world. The company believes that the story of success will be further continued and thus, is approaching with a positive stance.
On 3rd June 2012, Volkswagen announced that it has rolled out 100,000 unit of iconic Passat from the company’s Chattanooga production facility. The company introduced Passat in September 2011 and within tenure of 9 months the model crossed 100,000 mark, which shows its fan following in United States and other major markets of the word as well. On the success of 1 millionth unit of Passat, Volkswagen offered a Night Blue Metallic 2.0 litre TDI SEL Premium model on its account. The officials of Volkswagen were contented on the success of Passat.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility