Volkswagen commences 'My Car Superstar' campaign, winning car to star in Go Goa Gone
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volkswagen India has initiated the 'My Star Superstar' campaign in a bid to increase interaction with customers. The VW model owned by the winner of the initiative will be shown in the upcoming movie called Go Goa Gone, starring prominent actors like Saif Ali Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Khemu. The company is presently conducting the one-of-a-kind car audition for its consumer base in the domestic market.
In order to take part in the unique audition, owners of VW cars need to log on to the German manufacturer's Facebook page. They are required to upload a photograph of their car with a caption that defines why the vehicle should be called a 'superstar'. The deadline for submitting the entry is March 31, 2012.
Directors of the movie Go Goa Gone, Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK, will select the winning entry, which will be used by the lead actors on their road trip to the picturesque state of Goa. The car will also be shown in a song featured in the upcoming film. Moreover, the owner of the lucky vehicle will also get the opportunity to meet the case of the movie when it will be under production. Along with that, the winner will also get two passes for the film's premiere and get to see the number of the car and his or her own name in the movie's credits.
While talking about this initiative, Lutz Kothe, Head of Marketing and PR, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, commented, “It is an exciting contest and a unique way to engage all our customers who own a Volkswagen. We are sure the owner of the winning car will enjoy this experience.”
Vir Das, one of the leads of Go Goa Gone, also quipped, “Extremely excited to be associated with the first car audition of the world – The Volkswagen audition for Go Goa Gone. Waiting to see which car wins.”
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles