Volkswagen buys remaining 50.1 percent stake in Porsche
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Volkswagen Group, the largest carmaker in the European market, is all set to buy the remaining stake in Porsche, which will make the former a fully owned subsidiary of Volkswagen in the Indian auto market.
It is to be mentioned here that Volkswagen has previously owned 49.9 percent stake in Porsche, and the latest acquisition is of remaining 50.1 percent shares. In return, Porsche will be getting consideration equal to Rs 30,000 crore along with an ordinary share of Volkswagen. The merger will comer into effect from August 1, 2012.
While speaking on the merger, CFO Hans Dieter Pötsch said, “The accelerated integration will allow us to start implementing a joint strategy for Porsche’s automotive business more quickly, to realize key joint projects more rapidly and hence to leverage additional growth opportunities in attractive market segments. It will also enable Volkswagen AG and Porsche AG to concentrate fully on their operating business by making day-to-day cooperation much simpler.”
Volkswagen AG is currently one of top car makers in the world with having as many as 10 different brands under its banner including the likes of Skoda, Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati and Lamborghini.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Global leader is taking one more leap towards becoming even more powerful..July 07, 2012 by CA SANDEEP SURANA
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Volkswagen Polo using motor sports to connect with Indian customers
- Volkswagen to develop 10-speed DSG and new engines for lower emissions
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI launched in India at Rs. 7.99 lakh
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Volkswagen Passat to use Apollo Tyres for all variants
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Volkswagen India to launch Polo GT power hatch on April 29, 2013
- Volkswagen Taigun Compact SUV could be available in India by 2016
- Mohite Automotive opens new Volkswagen dealership in North Goa
- Volkswagen India aims to increase its market share up to 7 per cent
- Volkswagen Polo GT to scorch Indian roads from April 25
- New Volkswagen Vento arrives in ‘Style’, petrol model at Rs. 8.33 lakh
- Volkswagen’s 'Think Blue. Factory’ campaign optimises CO2 emission and energy consumption at its Pune facility