Vodafone kicks off second season of 'Vodafone Drive into the Big League'
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
After the massive success of the first Indian Grand Prix, the buzz around the second season has already begun. One of the leading telecommunications service providers in India, Vodafone has started the second season of its 'Vodafone Drive into the Big League'. Under this campaign, the telecom company offers the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) an opportunity to get their brand logo pasted on the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes cars. These models will compete at the second season of the Indian Grand Prix, which is scheduled from October 26th to 28th, 2012 in Delhi.
In its first year, the 'Vodafone Drive into the Big League' was a great hit with around 80,000 entries. The winner, M/s ABC Consultants took the centre stage with the drivers and had its logo appear on the team's racing cars. Those business entities that have an annual turnover in the range of Rs. 10 to Rs. 250 crore and have a workforce of less than 1,000 are eligible for the event. A panel of experts review the cases submitted by the short-listed finalists who get to participate in a debate on a television reality show to compete for the title.
According to Director, Business Services, Vodafone India, Naveen Chopra, “Vodafone Drive into the Big League gave an opportunity to small and medium enterprises to have their logo displayed on the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes race cars and supported them towards an easier path to growth. We are happy with the success of this initiative as it helped us making significant in-roads into the small and medium business community.” He further stated that after being encouraged by the success of the first season, the company is taking forward the initiative with more and more enterprises, displaying efficient utilisation of technology for pacing up their growth.
The registration for the contest opened on July 11, 2012 for all SMEs and will conclude on August 20, 2012. Vodafone has added a new feature of wild card in this season under which three enterprises will be chosen via a contest conducted over a social networking platform and will start from August 1, 2012 ending on September 15, 2012. One chosen entity will gain wild card entry direct to the Grand Finale and the 20 short-listed and a wild card finalist will debate on the business channel for grand finale throughout September-October 2012. The winner will be selected by an expert jury on the basis of how effectively they tackle the real life situations presented to them.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles