Vauxhall launches new look Astra, available in high powered GTC variant also
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Vauxhall Motors, the wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors, has announced the launch of its new Vauxhall Astra Hatchback and Sports Tourer versions including a high powered 195 PS BiTurbo diesel variant in the GTC range with the release of the official images of the models. The models are currently available for order with deliveries lined up in September.
The new Astra models don a completely revamped look, which enhances its agile and aggressive stance. Moreover, these models are furnished with newly styled front grille, rearranged logo bar, new front indicator lamps, newly designed fog lamps along with a rejuvenating styling tweaks implemented on the rear combined with chic chrome moulding on the lower edge.
As per the company, Vauxhall Astra GTC 2.0 CDTiBiTurbo is the most powerful non-VXR model in the range that can churn out a peak power of 195PS and a peak torque of 400Nm with an accelerating pace of 0 to 60mph in a mere 7.8 seconds and owns a top power packed speed of 139mph. The model has been designed to provide greater fuel efficiency with lower rate of CO2 emissions.
Priced to the tune of £23,925 greater by £995 than the GTC 2.0 CDTi 165PS model, the Astra GTC BiTurbo offers in addition, Electronic Climate Control, a new body-kit, bespoke 18-inch alloy wheels, 6mm lower ride-height, flat-bottomed leather steering wheel, 'Track' interior trim along with boosting enhanced power and torque.
For additional £750, the customers can avail Driver Assistance Pack, which comprises of various warning features and indicators. With upgraded DAB radio to DMB, Rear View Camera Pack, Winter Pack and LED daytime running lights, the news colours offered are Sculpture Bronze, Phantom Grey and Deep Sky.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
AT WHAT PRICE THIS CAR IS AVAILABLE IN INDIA AND FURTHER DETAILS OF THE CAR AND RELASE IN INDIA ARE REQIREDJune 24, 2012 by DR. KUMAR VELLANKI
- Ford EcoSport likely to be launched by June 2013
- Fast & Furious 6 hits Indian screens
- Nissan Micra facelift to enter Indian market during June-July 2013
- Yamaha Ray Z scooter launched at Rs. 48,555 (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Toyota 23rd, BMW 24th on the BrandZ's Top 100 ranking
- Nissan India recalling 22,188 units of Sunny and Micra
- Ford EcoSport 'Child Parts' manufacturing style very beneficial for the customers
- Nissan Duster to be launched in India during Diwali
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India