Upcoming Ford EcoSport spied without cladding
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
At the 2012 New Delhi Auto Expo, Ford pulled the covers off its small but efficient 1.0 litre petrol powertrain and the upcoming EcoSport Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV). This engine from Ford which will power the EcoSport has been bestowed with the title of 'Engine of the Year' recently and is smaller in size as compared to the prospective competitors. However, due to a recent price hike, the customers in the Indian market have become partial towards diesel cars and to ramp up its sales, the car maker must introduce a diesel variant of the model as well. According to rumours, Ford may launch the diesel model soon after the rolling out petrol model in the country. However, there has been no confirmation from the car maker in this regard, but the hotly anticipated car is expected to make its début in the country by 2013.
The model has been spotted frequently around the company's plant in Chennai; however, it is different this time as the car has been captured without any cladding and with a Titanium TDCI logo. According to the spy shots, it looks as if the test mule is a production model as bar code stickers and emblems adorned its body. However, it can be confirmed as the model spotted on the roads may have been a test mule, since there is a colour mismatch on the rear fender and the front grille is missing as well. The front grille is considered as an integral part of for the top end Titanium variant of the EcoSport model. In the front shots, further colour mismatch on the fascia and missing fog lights are clearly visible.
However, the Titanium TDCI prototype spotted in Chennai was seen sporting cobweb style alloy wheels, roof rails, body coloured fittings, side mirrors indicators, and rear wiper. The car is expected to be powered by a recalibrated 1.5 litre diesel powertrain which also serves on the Ford Fiesta. The car also share its platform with Fiesta as it is built using the components from the sedan and falls in the sub-4 metre category, thus making it eligible for tax subsidy provided by the government of India. Ford is positioning the car as a global SUV and plans to launch it across 100 markets in the world.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Ford to develop new models keeping in mind the Indian Market
- Free Emergency Assistance technology in the India-spec Ford EcoSport
- Ford EcoSport to lock horns with compact SUVs with multiple powertrains
- Ford EcoSport to pump Ford's sales in the Indian auto market
- Ford EcoSport to incorporate cutting edge Emergency Assistance system
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Transformation of Ford brand image in India through Figo
- Variants and features of India-spec Ford EcoSport leaked
- Ford Indiaís exports up by 38 per cent and, domestic sales down in April