Upcoming Automatic small cars - Tata Nano Twist F-Tronic Vs DC Design Reva
DC Designs as a customization brand has always stood out for its stunning and innovative design philosophy. Tia hatchback along with the Eleron SUV, was unveiled at the the recently held 2014 Auto Expo event in Delhi by renowned Bollywood actress, Kareena Kapoor. While talking further about both the cars, DC Design Founder, Dilip Chhabria, said, “We are looking to sell 500 units per annum of Eleron and and 1,000 units per annum of Tia after its launch in 2016. We have invested Rs 50 crore each for the production of the two models so far and are looking at further investments in the coming time.” The Tata Nano Twist F-Tronic will be equipped with an Automated Manual Transmission making it a semi-automatic variant of the petite hatchback. Post launch, the car can probably be tagged as the most inexpensive automatic car across the globe.
Tia, is a small car from DC Designs. Unlike traditional engine placement, Tia has its engine positioned at its center. As per sources, the car is powered by 1.2 Liter turbo petrol engine that generates about 122 Ps of power with 190 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 4 speed automatic gearbox. Design is definitely something to watch out for, from this stylish small car.
Magnetic Marelli, the renowned Italian company has developed the AMT unit (Automated Manual Transmission) for Tata Motors new F-Tronic range of cars. The technology is primarily a manual transmission that comes with an automatic clutch. This feature is aimed at providing comfortable in-city driving experience. The current lot of Nano is mated to a four speed gearbox, whereas the new AMT gearbox which will be featured in the Nano Twist F-Tronic is mated to a five speed transmission. This newly developed Automated Manual Transmission could also be seen in the recently introduced Tata cars like the new Bolt hatchback and Zest sedan. Given the technological developments, Tata Motors seems to aim at shifting gears in the Indian automotive industry with its new F-Tronic range of cars. As per unconfirmed reports, the car may make it to the Indian roads sometime by the end of 2014 or early 2015.
- Upcoming Hyundai Elite i20 Crossover may complete against Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
- Ford moves a step ahead in safety with its pre-collision assist technology
- BMW i8 petrol-Hybrid sportscar arrives in India; launching soon
- Hyundai Motors announces 18th edition of the nationwide 'Free Car Care Clinic'
- Ford announces recall of over 2,00,000 cars due to fuel tank leak problem
- Maruti Swift Dzire facelift new details emerge; launch by year end
- Most Awaited Mercedes C-Class Set For Launch in November
- Maruti Suzuki Swift v/s Honda Brio - A facelift Comparison