Tussle in Indian luxury car segment gets intense with Audi inching closer to top position
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The tussle between Germany based leading luxury car makers Audi, Mercedes and BMW is getting more and more intense in the Indian market with Audi taking a clear lead in the luxury car segment.
In the first four months of this financial year, Audi India managed to register a steep rise of 45 percent as compared to the sales registered in the same period last year. During these four months, Audi managed to sell 2500 units of their cars in the country, helping the company to raise market share in the Indian luxury car segment to 33 percent as compared to 25 percent in July 2011.
However, BMW is still the largest luxury car maker in the Indian market with market share of about 36 percent. The company has registered a steep decline in their market share in last one year which was about 45 percent about a year ago.
On the other hand, Mercedes Benz has emerged as the biggest loser in the competition with market share dipping to just 21 percent from 30 percent a year ago. In the first four month of FY 2012-13, the company registered a 24 percent decline in their sales as compared to figures of same month previous year.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Audi S6 to make its Indian debut soon
- Can Volvo match the meteoric growth shown by Audi in India?
- Audi India sits on top with 37 per cent sales growth in April 2013
- Audi models display their might in Iron Man 3
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- Audi unveils its new A3 luxury sedan at 2013 Shanghai Motor Show
- BEST bus wrecks Rahul Vaidya’s Audi Q7, the singer escapes with minor injuries
- Audi Sportscar Experience (ASE) kicks off in Mumbai from April 19, bookings open
- Audi India launches A6 special edition at Rs. 46.33 lakh
- 2014 Audi R8 super car goes on sale; Set to appear in Iron Man 3
- Audi India records 10 per cent sales growth in March 2013
- Audi R8 V10 Plus super car launch at BIC on April 4, 2013
- Upcoming Mercedes-Benz CLA to take on BMW 2 series and Audi A3 sedan
- Audi India’s Facebook page crosses 2 lakh fans