Toyota to commence production at new Bangalore based engine plant form next month
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Toyota Motors, a leading Japanese car maker, is all set to commence the production of engines at their Bangalore based manufacturing plant from next month, as per a recent statement given by the company’s deputy managing director, Mr. Shekar Viswanathan.
With manufacturing engines locally, the company will be able to increase the level of local content in the manufacturing of their popular portfolio vehicles – Etios range of sedan and hatchback, substantially. This will in turn help the company in positioning these cars more competitively in the highly congested Indian car market.
Toyota Kirloskar is aiming to manufacture as many as 1 lakh engine units and over 2.4 lakh transmission units per annum from this newly established engine manufacturing facility. The company has invested over Rs 500 crore to set-up new engine plant along with expanding their transmission manufacturing capacity.
Besides Etios range of cars, the current line-up of the company in the Indian market include segment leading MUV (Multi Utility Vehicle) Toyota Innova, Luxury sedans Corolla Altis, Camry and premium sports utility vehicle – Fortuner.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Toyota initiates Summer Campaign for quality checks
- Toyota Kirloskar reports 37.36 per cent sales decline in April 2013
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Toyota remains world's top selling auto maker despite dropping sales in China
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Toyota may consider introducing more hybrids in India
- Toyota Kirloskar partners with Mahindra Financial Services to offer easy vehicle finance
- Toyota Corolla made during Jan-June 2003 in India recalled
- Toyota launches refreshed Etios sedan and Liva hatchback in India
- Toyota starts delivering reworked Etios series to dealers
- How about a Mini Toyota Innova for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor considering a 1.5 litre Etios Liva model for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor witness 23 per cent sales drop in January 2013