Toyota plans new Corolla Altis, Etios Cross and new Fortuner at Auto Expo 2014
Toyota has planned to unveil the newer version of its hot-selling sedan the Corolla Altis at the Auto Expo 2014. The car was recently launched in the Indonesian market and has been stated to perform well. For now, the Corolla Altis has been introduced in a Petrol version and is available in two variants. As per sources, this sedan is based on Furia concept car, its wheelbase has been extended by 100mm, which makes it slightly longer and wider than the current existing version.
The latest version of the Toyota Corolla Atis shall be powered by 1.8 litre petrol engine that delivers maximum power output of 151PS and 190Nm of top torque. It is anticipated that the car may be mated to a four-speed automatic transmission or be used on six-speed manual transmission. The standard version of the car shall feature Touch-screen navigation, Air conditioning, Electronic Brake distribution, Anti-lock braking sytem, dual airbags, Brake assist and many more interesting features. The automatic model is equipped with LED daytime running lights, Climatronic control, rain sensing wipers, leather wrapped steering, and other interesting features.
Indian market seems to have developed a special liking for crossover segments. The much-anticipated Etios Cross from Toyota will feature a set of 15-inches 10-spoke alloy wheels, black and silver body cladding, large bars on the roof, an integrated bumper guard at front, rear spoiler and a new fog lamp cluster, which distinguish it from the hatchback and offers an aggressive stance. Inside the cabin, the vehicle has adjustable headrests, black seat fabric and chrome enhancements on the dashboard etc. The crossover is expected to be powered by the existing 1.4-litre D4D diesel engine that develops 69PS and the 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 90PS. As per sources, the car maybe priced around Rs 6-6.5 lakh. The upcoming car is positioned in straight of competition to the likes of Volkswagen Cross Polo and the upcoming Fiat Punto Adventure Crossover.
As per sources, Toyota may also unveil its SUV Fortuner with a fresh face. Technical specifications may be retained and it is expected that the upgrades would only be cosmetic in nature.
- New Yamaha Fazer F1 Version 2.0 launched priced at Rs 83,850
- Renault releases Duster AWD teaser video ahead of launch
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) drops cases against Ford India and its dealer
- Vatican car caught red handed loaded with Cocaine and Marijuana
- Maruti Suzuki's Chief Operating Officer Mayank Pareek quits
- Jammu and Kashmir Prime Minister National Relief Fund receives Rs. 20 Crore contribution from Bajaj Auto
- Popular MUV comparisons - Honda Mobilio Vs Toyota Innova Vs Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- New Team in Japan Designing Suzuki Bikes for India