Toyota offeres limited edition Liva TRD Sportivo in India, available in showrooms till October 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM), the fifth largest car maker of the country, has introduced a limited edition model of its well-established hatchback Etios Liva, namely Liva TRD Sportivo. The step is taken by the company to celebrate the first anniversary of its car, which made it debut in the hatchback segment of the Indian auto industry. Recently launched model of Toyota shows the expertise of Toyota Racing Development (TRD), based in Japan. In order to cater the demands of a large number of buyers, the auto maker has offered its limited edition model in petrol as well as in diesel versions.
The modifications made in the new model can be easily spotted at its exteriors as well as interiors. Advancements added in the exteriors of the new model includes side skirts, smoked alloy wheels, two-tone rear spoiler, roof spoiler, new body graphics and a unique badge of limited edition model. However, the interiors are not modified much as only silver polished shift knob and new upholstery featuring a tag of TRD Sportivo are the main highlights.
Auto giant started the deliveries of its new limited edition model Liva TRD Sportivo from July 31, 2012 and the car will be offered to the buyers by October this year. As per the officials, the company will only roll out 1200 units of the special model.
Addressing the audience on launch event, the Managing Director of TKM, Hiroshi Nakagawa, commented, “We are glad to introduce Liva TRD Sportivo Limited Edition, on the occasion of the first anniversary of Etios Liva. Etios and Etios Liva have been doing well and our vision, to see growing number of Toyota happy customers and Toyota families, is beginning to materialize. We will soon begin the domestic production of engine and transmission in the third quarter of 2012 and early 2013 respectively, at our facility in Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts. We also exported the first batch of Etios series to South Africa in April this year. We thank our customers for their appreciation of Etios and Etios Liva and look forward to their feedback to continuously improve upon the product.”
Offered with an option of two vibrant colours, ultramarine blue and white, the petrol version of 2012 special edition Liva TRD Sportivo is offered with a price tag of Rs. 5.23 lacs, whereas its diesel version is sold for a consideration of Rs. 6.32 lacs (ex-showroom Delhi).
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Toyota initiates Summer Campaign for quality checks
- Toyota Kirloskar reports 37.36 per cent sales decline in April 2013
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Toyota remains world's top selling auto maker despite dropping sales in China
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Toyota may consider introducing more hybrids in India
- Toyota Kirloskar partners with Mahindra Financial Services to offer easy vehicle finance
- Toyota Corolla made during Jan-June 2003 in India recalled
- Toyota launches refreshed Etios sedan and Liva hatchback in India
- Toyota starts delivering reworked Etios series to dealers
- How about a Mini Toyota Innova for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor considering a 1.5 litre Etios Liva model for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor witness 23 per cent sales drop in January 2013
- Toyota and BMW plans to co-develop a mid-size sports car platform
- Toyota now offers Fortuner with a five speed automatic gearbox option