Toyota Kirloskar Motor clocks 22 percent surge in sales in June 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Indo-Japanese auto giant, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has disclosed its sales figures for the month of June that reported a hike of 22 percent in the sales quantum despite a crucially tough economic conditions persisting in the Indian automotive sector. The sales figures surged from 12,034 units recorded in June 2011 to 14,700 units sold in June this year.
Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director – Marketing, TKM commented that despite the recently announced relief on the price of petrol, the buyer’s preference does not showcase a favourable response owing to other determinants majorly affecting the auto sector growth to such an extent that in last six to seven months, the overall growth rate has been marginal.
Mr. Singh further confirmed that the sales percentage growth recorded in June 2012 resulted mainly from the sales of Innova, Fortuner and trendsetter Etios range sidelining the discouraging sales of the sub-compact car, Corolla Altis. Toyota Innova, the bestselling compact MPV showcased a hike of 45 percent, shooting up from 4,665 units sold in June 2011 to 6,785 units sold in the last month.
Moreover, the sturdy SUV Toyota Fortuner witnessed a sales growth by 26 percent, totalling to a sale of 1,249 units as compared to the 990 units recorded in the concerned period. The flagship hatchback and sedan variants in the Toyota Etios range reported a growth by 7 percent, surging from 5,739 units in June 2011 to 6155 units sold in the previous month.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Toyota initiates Summer Campaign for quality checks
- Toyota Kirloskar reports 37.36 per cent sales decline in April 2013
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Toyota remains world's top selling auto maker despite dropping sales in China
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Toyota may consider introducing more hybrids in India
- Toyota Kirloskar partners with Mahindra Financial Services to offer easy vehicle finance
- Toyota Corolla made during Jan-June 2003 in India recalled
- Toyota launches refreshed Etios sedan and Liva hatchback in India
- Toyota starts delivering reworked Etios series to dealers
- How about a Mini Toyota Innova for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor considering a 1.5 litre Etios Liva model for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor witness 23 per cent sales drop in January 2013
- Toyota and BMW plans to co-develop a mid-size sports car platform
- Toyota now offers Fortuner with a five speed automatic gearbox option