Toyota Corolla hatchback to retain its name as ĎAurisí for the European auto market
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Toyota Motor Corporation, the Japan based auto giant, has cornered the rumours that the new Auris, a compact hatchback will be sold in the European nations under the name Toyota Corolla. The automaker has confirmed that the new Toyota Auris intended for sale in Europe will retain its name.
Toyota Auris, a three and five door compact model is positioned in Europe as the replacement of the hatchback version of Corolla, while the auto markets in Australia and New Zealand will sell the car under the name of Corolla.
The new Toyota Auris has been doing rounds for test sessions since the last few months and the premature image of the new model has been released by the Japanese magazine that depicts a wide contrast between the outgoing and the new Auris.
2013 Toyota Auris will embody a completely reframed design comprising of more augmented front grille and narrower but back swept headlamps. The interiors of the new model have been restyled to enlarge the legroom for rear passengers and the sloping roofline adds to the sporty feel of the car.
With well fabricated 1.5 litre and 1.8 litre engines, the 2013 Toyota Auris is capable of boosting 108 hp and 144 hp. All the versions of this new Auris will be offered with 6 airbags, traction control and electronic stability program.
The all new Toyota Auris is expected to make a grand appearance at the upcoming Paris Motor Show this September before being rolled out in the European market in the initial phase of 2013.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Toyota initiates Summer Campaign for quality checks
- Toyota Kirloskar reports 37.36 per cent sales decline in April 2013
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Toyota remains world's top selling auto maker despite dropping sales in China
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Toyota may consider introducing more hybrids in India
- Toyota Kirloskar partners with Mahindra Financial Services to offer easy vehicle finance
- Toyota Corolla made during Jan-June 2003 in India recalled
- Toyota launches refreshed Etios sedan and Liva hatchback in India
- Toyota starts delivering reworked Etios series to dealers
- How about a Mini Toyota Innova for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor considering a 1.5 litre Etios Liva model for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor witness 23 per cent sales drop in January 2013
- Toyota and BMW plans to co-develop a mid-size sports car platform
- Toyota now offers Fortuner with a five speed automatic gearbox option