Toyota aims high, working on a new small car Auris
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Japanese auto maker, Toyota has again appeared in the news following their strategy to launch a new hatchback Auris. The snapshots of the small car, which are revolving all around the internet, are shared from the brochure released by the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM). It is believed that the model scheduled for launch in the Indian auto market is almost similar to that of introduced in Europe, however few alterations could be expected.
In the initial stages, the company will offer two different petrol engine options, namely 1.5 litre and a 1.8 litre powertrain. It is believed that both of the engines will be offered in two drive chassis, two-wheel and the four-wheel drive. Two-wheel drive chassis of 1.5 litre version will have the potential to churn out a maximum power of 102 bhp, whereas its all-wheel drive version will generate 105 bhp. On the other hand, the two-wheel drive chassis of 1.8 litre engine will produce peak power of 142 bhp, whereas 141 bhp will be generated by its all-wheel drive chassis model.
In order to make its upcoming model an iconic brand in the hatchback segment, Toyota Motor has sourced both of its 4-cylinder engines from the German auto giant, BMW for the first time. Both the car makers have a mutual agreement, effective from 2011, wherein Toyota and BMW shares advanced technology and innovations.
Analysts believe that the Toyota will also offer a hybrid version of its new small car, which is likely to share the powertrain of Prius. Owing to the plans of Toyota to launch a new model, the company seems to establish a strong foothold in the market by grabbing a decent share in the same.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Toyota initiates Summer Campaign for quality checks
- Toyota Kirloskar reports 37.36 per cent sales decline in April 2013
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Toyota remains world's top selling auto maker despite dropping sales in China
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Toyota may consider introducing more hybrids in India
- Toyota Kirloskar partners with Mahindra Financial Services to offer easy vehicle finance
- Toyota Corolla made during Jan-June 2003 in India recalled
- Toyota launches refreshed Etios sedan and Liva hatchback in India
- Toyota starts delivering reworked Etios series to dealers
- How about a Mini Toyota Innova for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor considering a 1.5 litre Etios Liva model for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor witness 23 per cent sales drop in January 2013