Tokyo Auto Show : Toyota
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Japanese car maker Toyota unveiled its Lexus LF-Ch at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show. The new Lexus LF-A is a super sports car from Toyota that has a V10 petrol engine and boasts a top speed of 325 kilometres per hour (202 miles per hour), with an acceleration of zero to 100 kph in 3.7 seconds. A prototype of the supercar is on display at the Show and will be open for the general public on Saturday.
Toyota is also displaying a new version of its electric concept car, the FT-EV II, along with a Prius plug-in hybrid and a lightweight sports car inspired by the iconic Corolla AE86 coupe of the 1980s. The Toyota FT-EV II concept contains clues as to how a small electric Toyota will look when it goes on sale in the US in 2012. This new electric concept car features twin electric sliding doors for easy entry and exit and under floor lithium-ion battery pack. Both the functions of brakes and accelerator are controlled by joystick mounted on the steering wheel utilizing drive-by-wire technology.
Toyota and Subaru also unveiled the joint Toyobaru-FT-86 concept which both the companies have been developing behind closed doors.
Then, Toyota bolstered its hybrid lineup on Tuesday by introducing the Sai, its first hybrid-only model since its popular Prius, and said it intended to sell 3,000 a month in Japan starting Dec. 7.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Toyota initiates Summer Campaign for quality checks
- Toyota Kirloskar reports 37.36 per cent sales decline in April 2013
- Upcoming hot hatches from Fiat, Volkswagen and Toyota for India
- Toyota remains world's top selling auto maker despite dropping sales in China
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Toyota may consider introducing more hybrids in India
- Toyota Kirloskar partners with Mahindra Financial Services to offer easy vehicle finance
- Toyota Corolla made during Jan-June 2003 in India recalled
- Toyota launches refreshed Etios sedan and Liva hatchback in India
- Toyota starts delivering reworked Etios series to dealers
- How about a Mini Toyota Innova for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor considering a 1.5 litre Etios Liva model for India
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor witness 23 per cent sales drop in January 2013
- Toyota and BMW plans to co-develop a mid-size sports car platform
- Toyota now offers Fortuner with a five speed automatic gearbox option