Third off-roading terrain – 'Tata Motors Blaze De Rajasthan' launched by Tata Motors
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
A competitive off-roading rally focussed over auto aficionados, scheduled from 9th June to 10th June, was announced by Tata Motors Full Throttle, the motorsports division of Tata Motors on June 1st 2012. The rally is termed as Tata Motors Blaze De Rajasthan, which will roll across an adventurous route of 300 km. The race will be flagged off from the capital city Jaipur in Rajasthan, which will also be the end point of rally.
With no restrictions on the car models that can participate, the rally has three categories, viz. 2 wheel drive (2WD), 4 wheel drive (4WD) and a Women's team. 'Tata Motors Blaze De Rajasthan' invites participation from all kind of motoring enthusiasts whether professionals, fresher or navigators. The rally is quite adventurous and competitive as it is based on the combination of time, speed and distance.
Head, Marketing-Sumo and Grande, Tata Motors, Jatin Lakra, said, "After a series of successes in rallies, Tata Motors Full Throttle brings the joy of competitive rallying to all motorsports enthusiast across the country. Rajasthan is a popular destination for off-roading and a natural choice for us to hold our first one-day off-roading rally. The state has some of the most extensive networks of roads that connect even small towns and villages and are fairly isolated with little traffic load, ideal for such sporting events."
The rally boasts action filled track comprising urban-drives, sandy trails, hilly tarmac sections, and an extreme trail. Besides these, there are tracks which are exclusively designed to monitor the routing abilities of drivers. Thar Motorsports will organise all service support, medical and logistical support with Tata Motors during the course of the rally, as its official program partner.
Two other off-roading terrains namely, Tata Motors Full Throttle Experience and Tata Motors Full Throttle Trails were launched exclusively for the Tata motors Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) owners under the banner of Tata Motors Full Throttle. Of these two, spanning over a number of days, Full Throttle Experience is a more rigorous off-roading expedition which will commence from 22nd June from the capital region of the country. The group has planned a total of 6 expedition will be held throughout the year. On the other hand, with 21 trails in total, Full Throttle Trails are the off roading events held in the course of half day.
In order to frame a platform for participation of Tata in motorsports and allied activities, the company introduced Tata Motors Full Throttle in February 2011. The banner assists Tata Motors in organising and channelling the efforts and activities in the field of motor sports including testing and development as well. Full Throttle has experienced victory in several coveted rallies including Desert Storm, Dakshin Dare, Raid De Himalaya, Eastern Mountain Safari rally and the Hornbill International Motor rally. The utility vehicle line-up of Tata Motors incorporates Tata Sumo Gold, the premium Crossover Tata Aria, the Tata Sumo Grande, the Tata Safari 4x4, the Tata Sumo 4x4 and the lifestyle pick-up Tata Xenon XT.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Tata Nano diesel to be the smallest diesel hatch on sale
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India