Tata Nano to mark its debut in Indonesia next year
Tata Motors, the largest vehicle maker in the Indian market, is all set to roll out the small car Tata Nano in the Indonesian market by the starting of next year. The launch of Nano in this country is a part of company’s strategy of expanding its footprints in the South Asian car market. The company is looking forward to capitalize on the growing demand for cars in Indonesia.
The company is planning to mark its debut in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments in the Indonesian market by early next year, as per a statement given by Biswadev Sengupta, CEO of Tata Motors for Indonesian Operations.
However, the company is yet to reveal the price tag of Nano for this South Asian country. Mr. Sengupta however hinted that the Nano could be price segment of Rp 100 million [US$10,500].
Launched in year 2009, the Tata Nano model was priced at US$1,800 initially. However, the company was forced to increase the price of this car in the succeeding year due to high input material cost.
- Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer 155 (GSX-R 150) launch likely in mid-2015
- Honda's compact SUV to come by early 2016
- Upcoming car releases in January 2015
- The Indian Motorcycle of the Year Award goes to Harley-Davidson Street 750
- Lightning LS 218 - The World's fastest bike reaches markets
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Elite i20 - The Top 2 Car Releases of 2014
- Four-Wheel Drive Comparison - Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton Vs Renault Duster
- Factors contributing to Hyundai Elite i20's ICOTY 2015