Tata Nano to mark its debut in Indonesia next year
Tata Motors, the largest vehicle maker in the Indian market, is all set to roll out the small car Tata Nano in the Indonesian market by the starting of next year. The launch of Nano in this country is a part of company’s strategy of expanding its footprints in the South Asian car market. The company is looking forward to capitalize on the growing demand for cars in Indonesia.
The company is planning to mark its debut in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments in the Indonesian market by early next year, as per a statement given by Biswadev Sengupta, CEO of Tata Motors for Indonesian Operations.
However, the company is yet to reveal the price tag of Nano for this South Asian country. Mr. Sengupta however hinted that the Nano could be price segment of Rp 100 million [US$10,500].
Launched in year 2009, the Tata Nano model was priced at US$1,800 initially. However, the company was forced to increase the price of this car in the succeeding year due to high input material cost.
- Tata Manza and Aria launched in Ghana
- Porsche launches Boxter and Cayman in GTS guise at 2014 Beijing Motor Show
- Launched: Range Rover Hybrid Long Wheelbase at Beijing Motor Show
- Datsun Go+ expected to be launched in India sometime soon
- Hyundai Eon Magna 1.0 launched at Rs. 3.85 lakhs
- Honda CBR 150R expected to receive a facelift
- Tata Motors is developing new products for domestic market
- Fiat Punto facelift, Avventura Nepal launch by mid-September