Tata Nano to mark its debut in Indonesia next year
Tata Motors, the largest vehicle maker in the Indian market, is all set to roll out the small car Tata Nano in the Indonesian market by the starting of next year. The launch of Nano in this country is a part of company’s strategy of expanding its footprints in the South Asian car market. The company is looking forward to capitalize on the growing demand for cars in Indonesia.
The company is planning to mark its debut in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments in the Indonesian market by early next year, as per a statement given by Biswadev Sengupta, CEO of Tata Motors for Indonesian Operations.
However, the company is yet to reveal the price tag of Nano for this South Asian country. Mr. Sengupta however hinted that the Nano could be price segment of Rp 100 million [US$10,500].
Launched in year 2009, the Tata Nano model was priced at US$1,800 initially. However, the company was forced to increase the price of this car in the succeeding year due to high input material cost.
- Honda CR-V facelift and diesel coming next year
- Hyundai Elite i20 gets 40,000 pre-orders
- Upcoming Hyundai Elite i20 Crossover may compete against Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
- Ford moves a step ahead in safety with its pre-collision assist technology
- BMW i8 petrol-Hybrid sportscar arrives in India; launching soon
- Hyundai Motors announces 18th edition of the nationwide 'Free Car Care Clinic'
- Ford announces recall of over 2,00,000 cars due to fuel tank leak problem
- Maruti Swift Dzire facelift new details emerge; launch by year end