Tata Nano to mark its debut in Indonesia next year
Tata Motors, the largest vehicle maker in the Indian market, is all set to roll out the small car Tata Nano in the Indonesian market by the starting of next year. The launch of Nano in this country is a part of company’s strategy of expanding its footprints in the South Asian car market. The company is looking forward to capitalize on the growing demand for cars in Indonesia.
The company is planning to mark its debut in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments in the Indonesian market by early next year, as per a statement given by Biswadev Sengupta, CEO of Tata Motors for Indonesian Operations.
However, the company is yet to reveal the price tag of Nano for this South Asian country. Mr. Sengupta however hinted that the Nano could be price segment of Rp 100 million [US$10,500].
Launched in year 2009, the Tata Nano model was priced at US$1,800 initially. However, the company was forced to increase the price of this car in the succeeding year due to high input material cost.
- Mercedes Benz GLA coming on Sept 30, AMG variant to follow suit next month
- Hyundai's Limited Edition i10 Sportz - Factors that make it unique
- Toyota reveals C-HR concept officially prior to Paris Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki may offer hybrids at a lucrative price tag
- Maruti Suzuki launches Limited Edition Wagon R Krest with 10 Smart features
- Honda CBR 650F expected to be launched in last quarter of 2015
- Skoda Rapid facelift launching on September 25
- Yamaha Fazer FI and Bajaj Discover 150F - Two New Launches in the 150 cc Category