Tata Nano to mark its debut in Indonesia next year
Tata Motors, the largest vehicle maker in the Indian market, is all set to roll out the small car Tata Nano in the Indonesian market by the starting of next year. The launch of Nano in this country is a part of company’s strategy of expanding its footprints in the South Asian car market. The company is looking forward to capitalize on the growing demand for cars in Indonesia.
The company is planning to mark its debut in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments in the Indonesian market by early next year, as per a statement given by Biswadev Sengupta, CEO of Tata Motors for Indonesian Operations.
However, the company is yet to reveal the price tag of Nano for this South Asian country. Mr. Sengupta however hinted that the Nano could be price segment of Rp 100 million [US$10,500].
Launched in year 2009, the Tata Nano model was priced at US$1,800 initially. However, the company was forced to increase the price of this car in the succeeding year due to high input material cost.
- Fiat releases first trailer of Avventura crossover
- Revealed- details on upcoming Figo sedan
- Honda plans Brio based sub-four meter SUV for India, launch by 2017
- Jaguar XE global premiere slated on September 8 in London
- Top bikes from Hero MotoCorp in India
- Mahindra's 112th Great Escape episode: Mud Splash in Lonavala
- KTM RC series could be shown to dealers in conference
- Bajaj Discover 150S launched at price of INR 51448