Tata Nano to mark its debut in Indonesia next year
Tata Motors, the largest vehicle maker in the Indian market, is all set to roll out the small car Tata Nano in the Indonesian market by the starting of next year. The launch of Nano in this country is a part of company’s strategy of expanding its footprints in the South Asian car market. The company is looking forward to capitalize on the growing demand for cars in Indonesia.
The company is planning to mark its debut in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments in the Indonesian market by early next year, as per a statement given by Biswadev Sengupta, CEO of Tata Motors for Indonesian Operations.
However, the company is yet to reveal the price tag of Nano for this South Asian country. Mr. Sengupta however hinted that the Nano could be price segment of Rp 100 million [US$10,500].
Launched in year 2009, the Tata Nano model was priced at US$1,800 initially. However, the company was forced to increase the price of this car in the succeeding year due to high input material cost.
- Details emerge on Maruti Suzuki S-Cross-SX4, launch by early next year
- Tata Motors - Revotron 1.2T engine potential revealed
- Honda Mobilio clocks 5800 bookings
- Datsun Go - What makes this car special?
- Tata Nano AMT - What to Expect?
- Honda Mobilio RS - What to expect?
- Leaving car AC On can be fatal, three deaths reported in Delhi
- Honda Amaze diesel to get a facelift, launch by next year