Tata Nano CNG to be launched amidst rising fuel prices
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Apart from declaring the financial results of fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, Tata Motors announced update about its iconic Nano. Tata Motors has decided to introduce a CNG version of Nano in the Indian auto market by the end of this financial year. The car can make its entry in the Indian market anytime before March 2013. CNG version of Tata Nano was showcased at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo, where it received positive response from the audience.
Production of CNG Nano is about to begin and its launch will expedite since the fuel prices in country are continuously rising at regular intervals. Post launch, the new Nano will be priced Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000 more than the petrol version. The engine of 2013 CNG Nano will run on bi-fuel, i.e., on both – petrol as well as CNG. Driver of the car will have to just switch an option between both the fuels with the tap of a single button placed on its dashboard.
The main USP of Tata Nano will be its low running cost. As per reports, the car will be placed amid petrol run cars. As Tata Motor may take time to introduce a diesel version of Nano, the best option for the buyers is to go for the CNG version of Nano.
The car will be assimilated with a 624 cc engine with twin cylinders, which is also incorporated within the petrol version of Nano, however it will be altered with favourable modifications to make it compatible with CNG fuel. In order to assist the performance of this 0.7 cc engine, it is powered with a four speed manual transmission system, which has easy and smooth gear shifts.
Engine of Nano will be provided with sequential injection of CNG, which will ensure that the power-train shall not witness any issues regarding power loss that is generally associated with fuels like LPG and CNG. Owing to this technology, the power as well as torque output of the car will not suffer and, thus, will be evaluated against that of the petrol engine. The 2013 CNG Nano has a CNG tank capacity of 35 litres and a petrol tank capacity of 15 litres.
Tata Motors has also provided certain safety provisions within its CNG version of Nano, which will ensure complete safety of its passengers. Even in the case of minor leakage, the leak detection system of the car will stop the supply of CNG acting as a great safety measure. The 2013 CNG Nano is anticipated to be cost effective and will suit the budget of the commuters. As price of petrol increased by almost 10 per cent, it is the perfect time to launch the CNG version of Nano.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
good god welcome news abt CNG NANO.The cost of CNG also will keep on stepping up.July 07, 2012 by DOOREE
- CarTrade.com launches its fourteenth used car Franchisee Store in India
- Bajaj to bring six bikes by March 2014
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Amer Beg first Indian to take part in Lamborghini Super Trofeo 2013 Season II
- Nissan Motor India sets a sales target of 1 lakh units for current fiscal
- Vin Diesel returns in Fast & Furious 6 with a bang
- Toyota preparing for the launch of new models in India
- Extreme Force Gurkha takes on the established Mahindra Thar
- Suzuki India planning for the launch of Suzuki Inzuma
- BMW 2 Series to sit below the 3 Series globally
- Mahindra pays KRW 80 billion to Ssangyong Motor on account of new shares
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- New Toyota Corolla to be unveiled on June 6
- Indian government gives green signal to quadricycles