Tata Motors record 12 percent sales growth globally in May 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Tata Motors, the Indian multinational automotive corporation has announced that its monthly sales report for May has revealed a hike in the sales growth by 12 percent globally. As compared to the sales figures recorded in the relevant month last year, the sales of the automaker stands at 96,089 units this May.
The company’s impressive sales rise saw an equivalent contribution from passenger car sales and commercial vehicles to the tune of 51,064 units and 45,025 units, respectively.
The company has also quoted that remarkable global sales growth attained comprises of a significant contribution of the exponentially rising sales of its luxury brand Jaguar Land Rover. In a statement released by the car maker, the sales of the upbeat premium brand Jaguar Land Rover has plunged up by 35 percent in May 2012 in comparison to May last year with sales totalled at 30,094 units.
The statement further notified that the sales of the premium and elegant saloons badged under Jaguar brand witnessed a rise by 3 percent with 4,342 units sale and SUVs sold under Land Rover marquee saw a hike of 42 percent with sales figures tallying at 25,752 units in May 2012.
In recent times, the Jaguar Land Rover has emerged to be a highly demanded brand in the international auto market and the automaker is gearing up to ramp up the production with the addition of a third shift consisting of 1000 employees to meet the uproar in demand.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India
- Tata Motors’ Gold Festive Offer ending on April 30, 2013