Tata Motors MD, P.M. Telang ends his innings at the company
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Managing Director, Indian Operations, Tata Motors, P.M. Telang retired from the company on June 21, 2012. This development comes after the distinguished industry leader completed the period of superannuation and gave up his seat on the company’s Board of Directors.
Tata Motors, the largest automobile company of South Asia, recruited two new Executive Directors, Ravindra Pisharody and Satish Borwankar. Pisharody was the President of Commercial Vehicles Business Unit of Tata Motors and has now been appointed as Executive Director (Commercial Vehicles). He is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur as well as IIM Calcutta and has served with the company since 2007. Pisharody holds a vast experience of 30 years in sales, marketing and business development.
On the other hand, Borwankar was Senior Vice-President, Manufacturing Operations, Commercial Vehicles Business Unit at the company. Now he will pick up the mantle of Executive Director, Quality, Vendor Development & Strategic Sourcing, Tata Motors. He has studied at IIT Kanpur and has been working at the company since 1974. During his tenure at Tata Motors, Borwankar has held various key positions in the manufacturing and quality functions.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India
- Tata Motors’ Gold Festive Offer ending on April 30, 2013
- Tata Nano to begin new chapter in India with an 800 cc diesel engine
- Tata Motors awarded the Indian Multinational of the Year Award