Tata Motors looking ahead to introduce a toned down model of Aria
Tata Motors will launch a stripped down version in its Aria crossover series, Aria 4x2, whose launch is believed to appear in daylight soon. The company placed its Aria in the premium crossover segment of the India industry and found that the model was unable to pull the masses. Therefore, it has come up with a move to introduce a competitive 4x2 version of the model, which will be pitched against the likes of current champion Toyota Innova.
Since the auto maker is planning to introduce a down-graded model, it will strip down some of the advancements from the regular version, including few gadgets, alloy wheels, black pillars and expensive seat covers.
Industry experts believe that Tata Aria is an engineering marvel in the Indian crossover segment, which holds a BS IV compliant 2.2 litre direct injection common rail engine. The performance oriented engine of this model has the potential to deliver a peak power of 138 bhp at 4000 rpm with a highest torque of 320 Nm at a fairly low 1700- 2700 rpm.
The company has not declared any other information regarding the launch of new model. However, industry experts speculate that although the upcoming Tata Aria 4x2 will be a stripped down version and will lack few features, it will possess the same potential and quality, which is offered by the company in the regular model.
- KTM's E-Speed put on hold; a solid makeover might be underway
- India gets its first all women bike-borne commando team: The "Jaanbaaz"!
- Honda sets high hopes with its Gujarat facility
- Hero MotoCorp to invest over Rs. 5000 Crores for its plants in India and abroad
- Bajaj launches a new version of Discover 125
- All new Hyundai Verna to battle with Honda City and Maruti Ciaz
- New Maruti Swift facelift will be 10% more fuel efficient
- Mahindra Thar Adventure Edition introduced; production limited to 30 units