Tata Motors looking ahead to introduce a toned down model of Aria
Tata Motors will launch a stripped down version in its Aria crossover series, Aria 4x2, whose launch is believed to appear in daylight soon. The company placed its Aria in the premium crossover segment of the India industry and found that the model was unable to pull the masses. Therefore, it has come up with a move to introduce a competitive 4x2 version of the model, which will be pitched against the likes of current champion Toyota Innova.
Since the auto maker is planning to introduce a down-graded model, it will strip down some of the advancements from the regular version, including few gadgets, alloy wheels, black pillars and expensive seat covers.
Industry experts believe that Tata Aria is an engineering marvel in the Indian crossover segment, which holds a BS IV compliant 2.2 litre direct injection common rail engine. The performance oriented engine of this model has the potential to deliver a peak power of 138 bhp at 4000 rpm with a highest torque of 320 Nm at a fairly low 1700- 2700 rpm.
The company has not declared any other information regarding the launch of new model. However, industry experts speculate that although the upcoming Tata Aria 4x2 will be a stripped down version and will lack few features, it will possess the same potential and quality, which is offered by the company in the regular model.
- Maruti Air conditioner supplier Subros Auto Air Condition Ltd cites labor unrest
- Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition to cost Rs 71,861 extra
- 2015 Hyundai Sonata saloon revealed at New York Motor Show
- Nissan Versa facelift aka Sunny unveiled at New York Auto Show
- Sedan comparison - Honda Amaze SX Vs Hyundai Verna GL
- Hyundai Xcent receives 450 bookings everyday
- Factors that make Maruti Suzuki Stingray a good buy
- Chevrolet Camaro wishes its arch rival Ford Mustang on its 50th anniversary