Tata Motors looking ahead to introduce a toned down model of Aria
Tata Motors will launch a stripped down version in its Aria crossover series, Aria 4x2, whose launch is believed to appear in daylight soon. The company placed its Aria in the premium crossover segment of the India industry and found that the model was unable to pull the masses. Therefore, it has come up with a move to introduce a competitive 4x2 version of the model, which will be pitched against the likes of current champion Toyota Innova.
Since the auto maker is planning to introduce a down-graded model, it will strip down some of the advancements from the regular version, including few gadgets, alloy wheels, black pillars and expensive seat covers.
Industry experts believe that Tata Aria is an engineering marvel in the Indian crossover segment, which holds a BS IV compliant 2.2 litre direct injection common rail engine. The performance oriented engine of this model has the potential to deliver a peak power of 138 bhp at 4000 rpm with a highest torque of 320 Nm at a fairly low 1700- 2700 rpm.
The company has not declared any other information regarding the launch of new model. However, industry experts speculate that although the upcoming Tata Aria 4x2 will be a stripped down version and will lack few features, it will possess the same potential and quality, which is offered by the company in the regular model.
- Hero MotoCorp's Dare and Zir scooters may be hotsellers post launch
- 2015 Toyota Vios expected to be priced around INR 7 - 12 Lakhs segment
- Mercedes Benz to launch GLA and CLA variants this fiscal
- Buzz: Honda contemplates Jazz RS variant for India
- DSK Hyosung hoping to enlarge its footprint in India
- New Hyundai i20 expected to be launched on 15th August, 2014
- Tough MUV Competitors - Honda Mobilio Vs Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Toyota Innova
- Mahindra e2o expected to be launched with Power Steering Soon