Tata Motors looking ahead to introduce a toned down model of Aria
Tata Motors will launch a stripped down version in its Aria crossover series, Aria 4x2, whose launch is believed to appear in daylight soon. The company placed its Aria in the premium crossover segment of the India industry and found that the model was unable to pull the masses. Therefore, it has come up with a move to introduce a competitive 4x2 version of the model, which will be pitched against the likes of current champion Toyota Innova.
Since the auto maker is planning to introduce a down-graded model, it will strip down some of the advancements from the regular version, including few gadgets, alloy wheels, black pillars and expensive seat covers.
Industry experts believe that Tata Aria is an engineering marvel in the Indian crossover segment, which holds a BS IV compliant 2.2 litre direct injection common rail engine. The performance oriented engine of this model has the potential to deliver a peak power of 138 bhp at 4000 rpm with a highest torque of 320 Nm at a fairly low 1700- 2700 rpm.
The company has not declared any other information regarding the launch of new model. However, industry experts speculate that although the upcoming Tata Aria 4x2 will be a stripped down version and will lack few features, it will possess the same potential and quality, which is offered by the company in the regular model.
- Volkswagen Jetta facelift India launch in early 2015
- Mahindra XUV500 and Scorpio handed out to winners of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Khatron Ke Khiladi
- Honda Acura NSX Supercar production version teased, shall be showcased in early 2015
- 2015 Audi A6 facelift arrives in India for homologation purpose
- Hyundai's Santro exit makes way for i10 to ply as Taxi in India
- Honda personally conducts tests, due to frustration over Takata's failure in delivering safe airbags
- Honda CB Unicorn 160 launched at Rs. 69,350
- Surat and Bangalore get New Harley-Davidson Dealerships