Tata Motors First Full Throttle Trail in NCR finishes successfully
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
An adventurous off-roading event, Full Throttle Trail, organized for Tata Motors SUV owners of Delhi NCR has finished successfully. The trail begun on July 28th and after spanning over two days, finally ended at Tivoli Garden Chhatarpur. Tata Motors Full Throttle was launched by Tata Motor's Motorsport division in February last year, as an adventure trail series to boost the brand's participation in motor sports and other adventure activities.
This adventurous off-roading event witnessed the participation of 7O Tata Motors vehicles which included the Tata Safari, Tata Xenon XT, Tata Sumo Gold, Tata Sumo Grande and Tata Aria, in both the configurations of 4x2 and 4x4. The participants had to drive their Tata SUVs through different challenging routes and uneven tracks. Tata Motors had prepared tracks especially for the off-roading event close to Pali Village, Faridabad.
“We are pleased with the fervour and participation of Tata Motors customers from in and around NCR, at this off-roading event. The activity not only demonstrated the capability of Tata Motors vehicles, but also enhanced the experience received by each of our customers, with most of them going off-roading for the very first time. The track was customised with variations, in-line with the experience and skill level of participants, ensuring they made the most out of their vehicles”, said Deepankar Tiwari, Head NCR Operations, Passenger Car Business Unit, Tata Motors.
This is the third of the series of 21 trails planned by Tata Motors to be be held in different parts of the country. Tata Motors Full Throttle Trail is designed to display the strength, ruggedness, and endurance of Tata Motors SUVs on different kinds of tracks. These off-roading events provide participants an opportunity to learn several off-roading skills and make them better acquainted to their Tata SUVs. Moreover, these trails provide such adventure off-roading opportunities close to the participants’ respective cities.
Tata Motors, the Indian automobile giant, became the pioneer of SUV manufacturing in India by introducing Tata Sierra in the year, 1991. In 1994, another ground-breaking SUV of Tata, Tata Sumo was introduced and it registered remarkable sales figures and added immensely to the brand’s popularity. Over 1 lac units of Tata Sumo were sold in 3 years, making a new record in the Indian automobile industry. Tata Safari also continues to be one of the strongest and popular SUVs in the country since 1998. Tata Motors was the forerunner of the ‘Shift-on-the-fly (electronic) 4X4’ technology in India and has also launched Tata Aria in 2010 which is a host of latest features such as torque-on-Demand System, in-dash GPS-based Navigation System, Electronic Stability Programme (ESP), Hydroform chassis, six airbags and a lot more.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Tata reports a 7 per cent decline in global sales in April 2013
- Add-ons for motor insurance contributed by Mr. Ramesh Ramani, Sr. Vice President – Consumer Lines, Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Tata Motors looking at producing XO hatchback at Sanand alongside Nano
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Tata Nano sales drop by 88 per cent in April 2013
- Tata Motors VP leaves company after seven-and-a-half month stint
- Tata Motors reports 14.8 per cent drop in total sales for April 2013
- Safari Storme entices off-road junkies at the Tata Motors Xtreme Drive event in Mumbai
- 2013 Tata Nano spotted during shoot of ad-film in Mumbai
- Tata wants you to compare Manza with Amaze
- Tata Motors’s Xtreme Drive kicks off in Mumbai on April 26, 2013
- Tata Motors chides Bajaj Auto’s plans of RE60 quadricycle in India
- Tata Motors’ Gold Festive Offer ending on April 30, 2013
- Tata Nano to begin new chapter in India with an 800 cc diesel engine