Swift and Dzire are out of stock, Maruti to continue bookings
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
With production being on halt for more than a week now at their Manesar plant, the country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki has run out of stock of two of their highly popular car model s – Premium hatchback Swift and entry level sedan Swift Dzire. The company had locked out the Manesar plant following a deadly violence at this plant in which one HR executive of the company died and more than 100 people got injured.
At present, the company has about 55,000 booking orders for Maruti Swift and about 65,000 orders for the Swift Dzire model. Majority of these orders (about 80 percent) are for the diesel variant of these cars. The interested buyers may have to wait for up to 6 months for the delivery.
In a statement given to PTI, Mr. Mayank Pareek, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) Chief Operating Officer (Marketing and Sales), said, "We do not have any stock of Swift and DZire at our factory. About 10,000 cars of both the models are on transit and that is the inventory at present."
However, the company won’t stop taking booking orders for both of these car models. "Our booking is going on and we will not stop it. We have informed the dealers and customers about the situation,” said Mr. Pareek. He added, "We tell the customers that this is the current situation and if even after that, they want to book the car, then it shows the strength of the two brands."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume